Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   New Members Introductions (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/new-members-introductions/)
-   -   Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall! (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/new-members-introductions/349672-huge-vivarium-60-tall-x-60-long-x-48-deep-stand-canopy-100-tall.html)

TheRainforestExhibit 12-10-2018 09:16 PM

Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
The Rainforest Exhibit is being built in the largest Amphibious Aquarium that Custom Aquariums has ever built!

Without the stand and canopy it is 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep. With the canopy and stand it measures 100 inches tall...8 feet 4 inches tall!

On our new YouTube Channel, we are posting vlogs about the entire build.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtn..._as=subscriber

Here is a picture of The Rainforest Exhibit after we placed it on the stand...
https://www.therainforestexhibit.com...oLOGmXBEwr2Jj0

A pic of me standing next to it to show you how big the tank alone is...
https://www.therainforestexhibit.com...oLOGmXBEwr2Jj0

I will post more pics as I go along!

varanoid 12-11-2018 12:22 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Definitely have some space to work with that's for sure. What do plan to use for lighting?

TheRainforestExhibit 12-11-2018 12:34 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Hi Mike,

Good question! I have two Current Pro Led 48"-60".
However, if you know Joshua Turner OR have seen his amazing Vivarium on YouTube, he is a consultant on our project and will be making us some lights to help grow plants/moss on the lower level...here is his link:
https://youtu.be/EcZ2g0LYjsA

He knows what he is doing when it comes to lighting, so we are picking his brain with our system.

Thanks for responding, Mike! I hope you subscribe to our Channel and hit the Bell Icon. we plan on posting a ton of cool vlogs, it would be awesome if you joined us and gave us your feedback whenever possible...we can always use constructive criticism!

The Rainforest Exhibit YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtn..._as=subscriber

Your friend,
MAG

TheRainforestExhibit 12-11-2018 06:03 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 

TheRainforestExhibit 12-11-2018 06:04 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 

Austindg13 12-12-2018 08:46 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainforestExhibit (Post 3052074)
Hi Mike,

Good question! I have two Current Pro Led 48"-60".
However, if you know Joshua Turner OR have seen his amazing Vivarium on YouTube, he is a consultant on our project and will be making us some lights to help grow plants/moss on the lower level...here is his link:
https://youtu.be/EcZ2g0LYjsA

He knows what he is doing when it comes to lighting, so we are picking his brain with our system.

Thanks for responding, Mike! I hope you subscribe to our Channel and hit the Bell Icon. we plan on posting a ton of cool vlogs, it would be awesome if you joined us and gave us your feedback whenever possible...we can always use constructive criticism!

The Rainforest Exhibit YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtn..._as=subscriber

Your friend,
MAG



Any one know what the ferns growing at the type are called. Would really like some for my viv. Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...44060d7279.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRainforestExhibit 12-18-2018 10:37 PM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austindg13 (Post 3052166)
Any one know what the ferns growing at the type are called. Would really like some for my viv. Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...44060d7279.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I do not know these. My apologies.

TropicalGina 12-19-2018 12:39 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
They kind of look like Boston Ferns to me

TheRainforestExhibit 12-19-2018 08:28 PM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainforestExhibit (Post 3052670)
Sorry, I do not know these. My apologies.

Question...is that Joshua Turner's Vivarium, from YouTube?

If it is, I can ask him what they are. He is a consultant on our project and that looks like his vivarium.

Let me know.

Austindg13 12-19-2018 10:35 PM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainforestExhibit (Post 3052758)
Question...is that Joshua Turner's Vivarium, from YouTube?



If it is, I can ask him what they are. He is a consultant on our project and that looks like his vivarium.



Let me know.



Yes it is his vicarious. That’d be awesome thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austindg13 12-19-2018 10:37 PM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainforestExhibit (Post 3052758)
Question...is that Joshua Turner's Vivarium, from YouTube?



If it is, I can ask him what they are. He is a consultant on our project and that looks like his vivarium.



Let me know.



Yes it is his vivarium. That’d be awesome. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRainforestExhibit 12-19-2018 11:06 PM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austindg13 (Post 3052792)
Yes it is his vivarium. That’d be awesome. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will email him now.

TheRainforestExhibit 12-20-2018 04:16 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austindg13 (Post 3052792)
Yes it is his vivarium. That’d be awesome. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Joshua just wrote me back and said that they are:

Sword ferns (Nephrolepis exaltata)

He bought them from "Home Depot but they are a great vivarium plant". I hope this helps!!!

Austindg13 12-20-2018 11:12 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainforestExhibit (Post 3052834)
Hi! Joshua just wrote me back and said that they are:



Sword ferns (Nephrolepis exaltata)



He bought them from "Home Depot but they are a great vivarium plant". I hope this helps!!!



Awesome! I appreciate you going out of the way to help. I will definitely be getting some for my vivarium. Good luck on your guys project!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austindg13 12-20-2018 11:20 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRainforestExhibit (Post 3052834)
Hi! Joshua just wrote me back and said that they are:



Sword ferns (Nephrolepis exaltata)



He bought them from "Home Depot but they are a great vivarium plant". I hope this helps!!!



Although all the ones I am finding are huge! Are his just in the early stages of growing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRainforestExhibit 12-20-2018 05:11 PM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austindg13 (Post 3052842)
Although all the ones I am finding are huge! Are his just in the early stages of growing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe he does cuttings. But if you want, I can ask him. Let me know, but I am pretty sure he does cuttings or pulls a full one apart.

TheRainforestExhibit 12-22-2018 02:41 AM

Re: Huge Vivarium 60"Tall x 60"Long x 48"Deep (with stand and Canopy 100" Tall!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Took some pictures today for a promo piece.

Posting one here to give you some more ideas of the size of The Rainforest Exhibit!

What is actually pretty funny is, when I saw it for the first time (out of the crate), I thought to myself, "WHOA, these dimensions seem a lot smaller on paper"!

That being said, I kind of wish I made it a BIT bigger as in longer, height and width the same. To spread the rise out farther. Although lighting would have been a beast!

Just so you know, there are going to be land areas almost to the top of the exhibit (and SOME SURPRISES for all my vivarium loving brothers and sisters out there), so these pics of all this negative vertical space, do not tell the whole story.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.