Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Rules & Community Messages > New Members Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2018, 07:28 AM

Question Hello and a question about water.

My name is LadyBug. I keep Azureus Dart frogs and have a pet corn snake. I did have 5 frogs the youngest of which are near to 4 years old. Sadly the vivarium recently got too hot and one of my frogs met his sad end. I am still grieving for that. I have to blame my landlords in my current apartment for having the sort of attitude about repairs that make the place qualify as a genuine slum.

I came to dendraboard because I need to have some other frog keepers give me a little advice. I move house in 5 days. I am only moving 2 or 3 miles to a bigger and nicer place and plan to set up a sweater box quarantine in the new apartment and put my babies in it with the plants from the viv and completely tear down the viv and replace the ABG and make any needed repairs to the viv before I put them back into the 24"X18"X36" Exo-tera. I have plans to put in an order to Joshe's Frogs for the ABG and other supplies just as soon as I am in the apartment.

My big question is that because we have never had access to an RO system we have always had to use bottled water. I have heard some say always use distilled water and other sources say Distilled can cause potentially fatal bloating. there is also the fact my husband wants to syphon the water in the viv out and save it for restarting the viv because of the beneficial bacteria established in it. Is this wise? I just need some advice.

I know that I should have just said hello and moved most of this to a viv discussion but I figured that jumping right into my concerns would be the best way for you to know what I add to the board by being around.

Thanks,
LadyBug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2018, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Hello and a question about water.

You could use some aquarium tubing to siphon out the water and just store it in a gallon jug or whatever would contain all the water.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Hello and a question about water.

this is what we have done in the past and we have the jugs saved.

Tags
azureus, heat death, moving, quarentine, water