Dendroboard banner

Recent frog shots. Fine Spot Leuc, auratus, toads

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Brian317 
#1 ·
Hey all ! I have some new shots of some frogs for everyone ! Camera isnt amazing, but some pretty decent shots ! LOTS of photos !

-55 gal "Fine Spot" Leuc viv 0.0.4

They are getting so big ! Almost a year old I believe and super bold ! The tank is in my living room and are always out and about. Hopefully I have a pair, no calling thus far.

-30 Gal 'Hawaiian' Auratus 0.0.3

About a year old too and my first darts. They are super shy now, so they like to hide alot. Caught a photo of 2 or the 3. No calling yet

-The Fowler Toads ! On the bottom of my rack below the Auratus viv. My dog loves to "frog watch" haha

-First is the baby one. He is pretty active and ATTACKS baby crickets, beetles and FF's. He's in a 15 gallon viv with running water. Something small and simple.

-Last but not least. The adult toad that I am trying to help. He was found at my wifes sisters house and looks like he was attacked and apparently did not move for 5 days at her house. I could not just watch it die, so I took it in to try and help. He is doing ALOT better this week and is active, moving, and eating without pain. His eye looks better, but hopefully will not get infected. He is in a simple 10 gal tank (fake plants SORRY lol). Hopefully I can give him a good life since he cannot be back into the wild.

Thanks for looking and lmk what you all think !!

See less See more
#5 ·
Haha, why not ;) That is actually cricket food, it tends to lure out some hiding crickets. Thanks for the compliment !!

Thanks for the comments all ! Yeah hopefully the toad will heal up. He is doing alot better over the past couple weeks....

#10 ·
I'm very doubtful he would last in the wild with one eye and how he is acting overall. The materials in the tank were not exposed to tropical/non-native species and were all sterilized. If he shows major signs of improvement, I'd love nothing less than to put him back into the wild, but due to the injuries and behavior now, I dont think that is in the best interest.....

#15 ·
Thanks ! Yeah, I had to try and help. Me too !

His eye looks a lot better already!
It really does. Still needs more recovery time, but he is doing great !

Once recovered, I would assume it would do fine. This local Bufo boreas that I found in my yard was a season or two old and apparently doing quite well:
Awesome news ! Then hopefully I can get him released once he heals up and recovers. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.