Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors

facebook

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 12:01 AM

Default 150 gal planted and occupied

Update from 150gal build journal:
The tank is planted and occupied. My husband was able to rig up a pvc pipe/computer fans to keep the air moving and the glass free of moisture. The breeze is so delicate that it barely moves a feather. He also placed another fan at the other end of the tank to pull the heat out. There is a small pond in the center plus a pond in the driftwood on the left. The entire system is very quiet, something I'm not accustomed to.

I ended up putting my 'wunzies' in this tank. For the folks who want to scream DON'T MIX, don't bother. Most of these frogs have lived in harmony for many years and I've been watching the newcomers closely. The frogs have plenty of room, lots of hides, and rarely crowd each other. I keep my breeders in separate tanks.

Now, for the pix and videos :

YouTube - ‪150 gallon poison dart frog vivarium‬‏

YouTube - ‪2nd video Poison dart frog display tank‬‏

YouTube - ‪3rd Poison Dart Frog Vivarium video‬‏
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1891.jpg (96.5 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1892.jpg (97.3 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1894.jpg (91.3 KB, 211 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 12:23 AM

Default Re: 150 gal planted and occupied

i like it! but what's the pop bottle doing in there?
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 AM

that is everyone's dream tank that is so cool you must spent a fortune

Old 05-28-2011, 05:59 AM

I wish i could make something that awesome!!!.....but do to make lack of creativity....sigh
Old 05-28-2011, 08:22 AM

omg!!! you have got in there 3 diferent species!!! this is not good! You must separate them imideatly!!!! Or else they will breed and you will have hybrids!!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygal View Post
For the folks who want to scream DON'T MIX, don't bother. Most of these frogs have lived in harmony for many years and I've been watching the newcomers closely. The frogs have plenty of room, lots of hides, and rarely crowd each other. I keep my breeders in separate tanks.]
I doubt the space your frogs have is what people will take offence too. The size of your viv is irrelevant. Mixing morphs\species is not going to win you friends no matter how nice your setup, at least not on this foum. I like the setup, just not the variety of inhabitants.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespers_ View Post
i like it! but what's the pop bottle doing in there?
Don't frogs drink water? Jest kidding... I culture my fruitflies in my waters bottles AFTER I finish with them. It's a lot easier than the culture cups most folks use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Azures View Post
that is everyone's dream tank that is so cool you must spent a fortune
Not quite a fortune, but close. Actually, it's a re-do of our first tank 8 yrs ago, but we've learned a lot since then. I appreciate your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanduskySerpents View Post
I wish i could make something that awesome!!!.....but do to make lack of creativity....sigh
Hey, we're not that creative, either - but there's a whole lot folks on the board that are, so, there ya go -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwba View Post
omg!!! you have got in there 3 diferent species!!! this is not good! You must separate them imideatly!!!! Or else they will breed and you will have hybrids!!!!

Actually, there are 4 different species - green sips, Leucs, Powderblue, and Azureus. Alright, shugar - rather than refer you to reread the original post, let me explain something to you. First of all, unless my fat-ass tincs wanna lay their eggs on the leaves, there is no place for them to breed. Second - I don't pull eggs from this tank. And last, but not least, it's a BIG tank and the different species tend to hang together, which I found interesting. Except for Fred (Powderblue) and Bertha (Azureus), my original frogs - those two hang together. Don't worry, I keep my breeders in separate tanks. On the other hand, there are species that canNOT be kept together due to stress, combativeness, things like that. I have a couple of female Cobalts all alone in an 80g hex because they are quite large and very ready to have families. The girls are for sale, btw.

Thanks everyone - if y'all have any questions about the construction, please let me know.

Last edited by guppygal; 05-28-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: species correction
Old 05-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:

Actually, there are 4 different species - green sips, Leucs, Powderblue, and Azureus. Alright, shugar - rather than refer you to reread the original post, let me explain something to you. First of all, unless my fat-ass tincs wanna lay their eggs on the leaves, there is no place for them to breed. Second - I don't pull eggs from this tank. And last, but not least, it's a BIG tank and the different species tend to hang together, which I found interesting. Except for Fred (Powderblue) and Bertha (Azureus), my original frogs - those two hang together. Don't worry, I keep my breeders in separate tanks. On the other hand, there are species that canNOT be kept together due to stress, combativeness, things like that. I have a couple of female Cobalts all alone in an 80g hex because they are quite large and very ready to have families. The girls are for sale, btw.

Thanks everyone - if y'all have any questions about the construction, please let me know.
SHAME ON YOU ESPECIALY IF YOU CALLED YOURSELF A BREEDER!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
SHAME ON YOU ESPECIALY IF YOU CALLED YOURSELF A BREEDER!!!
Not to worry, I won't take that personally. Get a little experience under your belt and then you'll understand my setup. Right now, you're kinda like a parrot, mimicking what you've heard and read. Hang in there, grasshopper....
Old 05-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanoid View Post
I doubt the space your frogs have is what people will take offence too. The size of your viv is irrelevant. Mixing morphs\species is not going to win you friends no matter how nice your setup, at least not on this foum. I like the setup, just not the variety of inhabitants.
Honey, I don't condone mixing, but the size of the tank DOES make a difference. These are frogs w/o mates and I'm kinda sentimental about them. Like I mentioned before, I own other species that I would never dream of making this tank their home. I have Cobalts (way too big and aggressive), auratus and imitators (stress out too easily).

Would you say the same thing if they were all males? Half of the mixing debate is hybridization and the other half is stress/aggression. Let's address hybridization - in this tank, there are no laying sites. Even if a tadpole was produced, it would starve to death. Why, you ask? It's because I DO NOT PULL EGGS and there is nothing for a tad to eat. In fact, I've never seen eggs in the tank. Now, about stress/aggression - apply a little common sense here and you'll figure it out.

This tank is not the norm. Hybridization comes about when a person intentionally pulls fertile eggs created by two different morphs and allows them to morph out.

I'm not trying to make friends. If you can get beyond the fact that there are different morphs in this tank, you might be able to see that the glass isn't foggy, the plants are flourishing and the inhabitants are co-existing happily. My oldest frogs are 8yo; the youngest are almost 1yo. I love looking at this tank and I watch my frogs' interaction with great amusement. They're too preoccupied with hunting or soaking in the ponds to worry about anything else.

Yep - my pride n joy.....
JoshH likes this.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Just something that struck me as odd, but if you're not here to make friends, then why bother? Seems to me, then, that it's just an opportunity to get people riled up intentionally. You seem to use phrases, and then don't follow through, which I feel leads to a lot of questioning on the part of everyone else as well. When you say things like "Now, about stress/aggression - apply a little common sense here and you'll figure it out" and "This tank is not the norm" and leave it hanging like that...well, honestly, I don't see anything behind either of these statements. I'd love to hear more on the stress/aggression, as well as how this tank is not the norm.

Also two notes on behavior that I've pulled from not only dart frogs, but the many, many species of fish and other reptiles/amphibians that I've worked with. Hanging around together does not make them friends...anthropomorphizing is very easy to do, but should be avoided. And stress is not always obvious. Presence alone can induce stress, and the "hanging out" can actually be a result. Also not sure if the two things they do, being eating and sitting in pools, speaks very well of the time spent sitting in pools...I've never had darts spend much time doing that.

I'm not condoning or denouncing mixing, since it's not really going to make a difference. Rather just pointing out some things...

Quote:
I'm not trying to make friends. If you can get beyond the fact that there are different morphs in this tank, you might be able to see that the glass isn't foggy, the plants are flourishing and the inhabitants are co-existing happily. My oldest frogs are 8yo; the youngest are almost 1yo. I love looking at this tank and I watch my frogs' interaction with great amusement. They're too preoccupied with hunting or soaking in the ponds to worry about anything else.

Yep - my pride n joy.....
Old 05-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Why not just appreciate her tank and let her decide how she keeps her frogs. Guppygirl do it your way and let everyone else eat flies.
guppygal likes this.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:19 PM
TWI/ASN

To the OP:

Now that I got that out of my system...

Quote:
I'm not trying to make friends.
Okay, so you can come on this website to intentionally stir up trouble and debate so you can make yourself look better and put others down. That's just dumb and immature if you ask me. If you're not looking to make friends/learn from others, then why are you on an online forum? Obviously we can't force you to do anything with this tank so no one will really win the fight. When you say that you just leave the tadpoles in there to starve... I mean come on... that's horribly inhumane. I'm not going to say anymore but I could keep going on and on. I usually don't get involved in these threads but putting other members down for trying to help is just arrogant.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dravenxavier View Post
Just something that struck me as odd, but if you're not here to make friends, then why bother? Seems to me, then, that it's just an opportunity to get people riled up intentionally. You seem to use phrases, and then don't follow through, which I feel leads to a lot of questioning on the part of everyone else as well. When you say things like "Now, about stress/aggression - apply a little common sense here and you'll figure it out" and "This tank is not the norm" and leave it hanging like that...well, honestly, I don't see anything behind either of these statements. I'd love to hear more on the stress/aggression, as well as how this tank is not the norm.

Also two notes on behavior that I've pulled from not only dart frogs, but the many, many species of fish and other reptiles/amphibians that I've worked with. Hanging around together does not make them friends...anthropomorphizing is very easy to do, but should be avoided. And stress is not always obvious. Presence alone can induce stress, and the "hanging out" can actually be a result. Also not sure if the two things they do, being eating and sitting in pools, speaks very well of the time spent sitting in pools...I've never had darts spend much time doing that.

I'm not condoning or denouncing mixing, since it's not really going to make a difference. Rather just pointing out some things...
The 'I'm not here to make friends' is a response to Varanoid's post. There are very few froggers in the south and I'm not as lucky as the folks up north to have someone to talk 'frog' with. I'm here to help. Different folks can share ideas for a better vivarium setup. One of the issues is is that the glass fogs up. We were able to overcome the issue with a simple airflow system. Another issue is the water feature - how to get to the pump if it breaks down. We set up an external pump system that works like a charm.

As for the tank not being the 'norm', how many 150g vivariums do you have sitting around your house? Yes, it was a lot of work and bit of money and the frogs that are in it have co-existed for many years for some, and not so long for others. I'm sorry y'all are all hung up on the mixed morph issue, but it is what it is. Once upon a time, I had a single, slightly disabled 'El Dorado' pumilio included in a mixed tank and he did just fine for 18 months. It was a matter of space at the time. After I was 'shamed' into moving him into his own enclosure, the little guy disappeared, and I really do miss him. I have no idea of his whereabouts as I haven't seen him in 6 months. I should've left him where he was, although pumilio are an aggressive frog. No, I wouldn't add pumilio to this tank - it's strictly dendrobates morphs.

I'm not trying to get people 'riled' up. It's a well-made tank; it's beautiful; it's quiet; and the 7 inhabitants co-exist nicely.

So, try not to get folks riled up, okay? Thanks ~
Old 05-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Mitch you must feel pretty cool name calling on a dart frog message board, I didnt see anywhere in her post that she asked for help either. These are frogs, we keep them in our houses...climb off your soap boxes. If you dont have anything nice to say...go read your comic books
guppygal likes this.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 PM

Your tank is beautiful and hoping all goes well with your frogs!!
guppygal and MzFroggie like this.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
To the OP:

Now that I got that out of my system...

Okay, so you can come on this website to intentionally stir up trouble and debate so you can make yourself look better and put others down. That's just dumb and immature if you ask me. If you're not looking to make friends/learn from others, then why are you on an online forum? Obviously we can't force you to do anything with this tank so no one will really win the fight. When you say that you just leave the tadpoles in there to starve... I mean come on... that's horribly inhumane. I'm not going to say anymore but I could keep going on and on. I usually don't get involved in these threads but putting other members down for trying to help is just arrogant.
Whoa there, big boy - how have I put any member down for commenting on my thread? If so, it was not intentional, so lighten up. Most of the newer members are paraphrasing every single mixing thread there is on this board. The frogs are my 'singles' and I can't fix up a tank for each and every one of them. About the tads starving? Seriously, there is no way these frogs can reproduce in this tank. If I understand it correctly, tadpoles prefer puddles rather than moving water. I'm a nature lover and it breaks my heart to watch the spring-peeper tads' tiny puddles dry up due to the drought.

Am I correct in saying that they are different morphs? Yes, I think so. I'm not mixing species, and my frogs don't seem to know the difference that they're different morphs.

Trust me, I mean no harm. I was hoping to keep this thread focused on the tank rather than the inhabitants. Unfortunately, members keep bringing up the different frogs.....
Old 05-28-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen53 View Post
Your tank is beautiful and hoping all goes well with your frogs!!
Thank you, kind lady - we worked very hard to make it a show piece. So far, so good on the frogs, but I'll keep an eye on 'em just in case....

best regards,
kristi
Old 05-28-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysea View Post
Mitch you must feel pretty cool name calling on a dart frog message board, I didnt see anywhere in her post that she asked for help either. These are frogs, we keep them in our houses...climb off your soap boxes. If you dont have anything nice to say...go read your comic books
Well said, kind sir! I (obviously) couldn't have said it any better.

best regard,
kristi
Old 05-28-2011, 04:29 PM

First off let me say that the tank looks great

As far as the mixing goes, thats your choice and seems like nothing is going to sway you otherwise.

The only advice I can give is that it doesn't hurt to listen to peoples advice on the board. A lot of these members do know quite a bit. But just from reading the thread it def seems like you were looking to get people going on another "mix species tank thread" which ultimately leads to arguments and comments that def could be done without. Thats my opinion.

Like I said and others to, this is a place for people to come and learn. And I dont know where I saw this on here but im giving credit to whoever it was/is "once you think you know everything, then problems begin to start" (something like that)

Thanks

Vinnner
Old 05-28-2011, 04:36 PM

yes you really are only one here with 150 gal. tank... LOL
Old 05-28-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnner View Post
First off let me say that the tank looks great

As far as the mixing goes, thats your choice and seems like nothing is going to sway you otherwise.

The only advice I can give is that it doesn't hurt to listen to peoples advice on the board. A lot of these members do know quite a bit. But just from reading the thread it def seems like you were looking to get people going on another "mix species tank thread" which ultimately leads to arguments and comments that def could be done without. Thats my opinion.

Like I said and others to, this is a place for people to come and learn. And I dont know where I saw this on here but im giving credit to whoever it was/is "once you think you know everything, then problems begin to start" (something like that)

Thanks

Vinnner
Thanks - we like it. I was hoping to help folks resolve some build issues. I guess my frogs got in the way - in more ways than one.

You're right - I was provoked and really shouldn't have responded to the mixing comments. My frogs, and I dig 'em. We're really pleased with the way the tank turned out, though. Our very first tank (also a 150g) was a mess - we were trying to do everything exactly right as we read on Kingsnake, which was before Dendroboard. I'm confident that this one will last a lot longer than the first one due to simplifying the water works and humidity control.

best,
kristi

Last edited by guppygal; 05-28-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
yes you really are only one here with 150 gal. tank... LOL
Now, I didn't say that. I asked YOU about your tanks, isn't that right? The only reason we started (ugh) with a 150g is we bought it for only $25. And that was because the back glass was busted. We replaced it with mirror glued to backboard. It worked pretty well for several years -

On the other hand, there are some that are humongous. Some folks have a whole lotta time on their hands...but wouldn't mind having one -
Old 05-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Nice tank!

I don't agree with mixing species as a general rule, but ultimately that is the decision of the keeper. The "no-mixing-species police" should refrain from attempting to nail jell-o to a tree.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden State Mantellas View Post
Nice tank!

I don't agree with mixing species as a general rule, but ultimately that is the decision of the keeper. The "no-mixing-species police" should refrain from attempting to nail jell-o to a tree.
I agree on both accounts, thank you very much. PDFs cost a small fortune as it is, so it's always best to know what you're doing.

thanks!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:56 PM

I think the tank is nice. 2 features that stand out to me are the trickling water on the left side of the tank, and the pottery caves on the extreme right side.

I wish I had a tank that size to work with...

JBear

W. Shakespeare
Old 05-28-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbherpin View Post
I think the tank is nice. 2 features that stand out to me are the trickling water on the left side of the tank, and the pottery caves on the extreme right side.

JBear
We love that piece of driftwood. It has kind of a shallow bowl that allows water to pool before it drains into the pond area.

Now, for the neat part - the 'caves' are actually cut up pieces of bamboo. I was walking toward the back of one of those big box nurseries and I found lots of huge bamboo poles. My husband cut them up to whatever I wanted and I used them to add some levels and hides for the frogs. Later on, I noticed in a magazine that the connectors between the hollow portions can be used for tea candle holders. I figure I could use them for tiny planters.

We learn something new everyday, and that's what makes life great.

thanks!
kristi
Old 05-28-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:

JBear
BTW, if you did have a tank that size, what type of frog would you put in it? I know it would have to be a frog that lives well in groups - otherwise, you'd have a whole lot of really pretty plants and something that moves around every once in awhile. And eats flies....
Old 05-28-2011, 06:41 PM

Honestly, with a tank that size, I would probably house P. vittatus, OR D. leucomelas. Both do very well in groups and would potentially breed well. The Leucs would be far more visible, but the beauty of P. vittatus cannot be underestimated... I have never worked with E. anthonyi, but it seems they would be a great choice as a group too...

JBear

W. Shakespeare
Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Honestly, with a tank that size, I would probably house P. vittatus, OR D. leucomelas. Both do very well in groups and would potentially breed well. The Leucs would be far more visible, but the beauty of P. vittatus cannot be underestimated... I have never worked with E. anthonyi, but it seems they would be a great choice as a group too...

JBear
I've never seen vitattus up close and personal, sad to say, but I do have a 1.2 Leucs. I love my Leucs! The male's call is so sweet. I had a group of Leucs in my 50gal swamp and they bred like there was no tomorrow. It was 60/40 land/water, so I had nothing to do with tadpole raising and ended up with a couple dozen or more. It's so much easier that way, and I think the froglets are more vigorous. The only thing is that they're cannibalistic in that type of environment - at least, in my case - so only the strongest morphed out. I know that there's another member on the board doing a study with Leucs and another variety, can't remember which, tho. He's testing cup raising against communal raising.

Now that my display tank is done, we'll be setting up 3 more - one to breed the Leucs and the other two for some type of thumbs.

Thanks for the input,
kristi
Old 05-28-2011, 07:52 PM

I raised my Tincs in a pond style set-up with very good results! I am a big advocate of this rearing style. You are right about the strongest surviving... This may sound cold and calous, but who wants a weak frog? There are many breeders who skip this moral step, and propogate some poor examples. I would never sell/trade a frog that I consider sub-par, or not otherwise fit for survival.

JBear

W. Shakespeare
Old 05-28-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I raised my Tincs in a pond style set-up with very good results! I am a big advocate of this rearing style. You are right about the strongest surviving... This may sound cold and calous, but who wants a weak frog? There are many breeders who skip this moral step, and propogate some poor examples. I would never sell/trade a frog that I consider sub-par, or not otherwise fit for survival.

JBear
You ain't kidding there! Only the weak survive - besides, it's so much easier, IMO.

cya!
kristi
Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
...You are right about the strongest surviving... This may sound cold and calous, but who wants a weak frog? There are many breeders who skip this moral step, and propogate some poor examples...
As a question to the masses, is every metamorph fit for sale?

It seems that people will sell whether the metamorph took a month longer and is still small, or not. For me, these frogs are best kept in personal collections, and not allowed to breed. Do us all a favor... Don't sell off the weak frogs. Simply keep them, or at a minimum, undercut the price, and make it known the frog is "weak".

JBear

W. Shakespeare
Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
BTW, if you did have a tank that size, what type of frog would you put in it? I know it would have to be a frog that lives well in groups - otherwise, you'd have a whole lot of really pretty plants and something that moves around every once in awhile. And eats flies....
To be honest, a tank like that can be quite attractive. I enjoy tanks where I have to look around a bit. For example, this is an old setup of mine...a 75 gallon that housed a single pair of pumilio. No comments on the tank, please, as it's not meant to distract from the original thread. Simply putting forth an example of a tank that (in my opinion) successfully encompasses the keeping of dart frogs in a single pair in a larger environment.

And culling, I feel, can be one of the most important aspects of being an excellent and responsible breeder. But that's just my $0.02
jbherpin, PantMan and Salt Creek like this.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:46 AM
TWI/ASN

Quote:
You ain't kidding there! Only the weak survive - besides, it's so much easier, IMO.

cya!
kristi
So you do raise the hybrid tads? What do you do with the surviving froglets?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
So you do raise the hybrid tads? What do you do with the surviving froglets?
Mitch, please read very carefully. The display tank is the subject of this thread. The inhabitants are 7 frogs, 4 different morphs. I call them 'wunzies' and I won't part with them for sentimental reasons. It would behoove us all if you would stop with the tank mixing. You might confuse the noobs. BTW, how is it that you have nearly 1600 posts in less than a year? Is it due to harassing honest poison dart frog hobbyists until they cry? If so, please stop.

And the answer to your question is that I've never seen a hybrid frog, except online. My auratus breeders , which are NOT hybrid, live in their own in separate tanks. I enjoy the egg-to-tad-to-frog process - it's quite unique, as I'm sure you know, or at least, heard about.

Have you ever had issues with your tank, assuming that you have one? If so, it's very possible that my ideas might be of some use to you. If not, thanks for looking. Byebye.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:08 AM

Honestly, Guppypal, if you knew anything about this board you should have posted your tank and kept the inhabitants up to the imagination of everyone...Or even lied about it. Im 100% certain you knew this thread would cause arguments, so dont get all mad and defensive now that they have started. Its the nature of the beast when you blatantly post a jam packed multispecies tank for everyone to see.

I have never posted on a mixed tank thread or added to a mixing debate till now...But common, seriously?
The Following User Says Thank You to GRIMM For This Useful Post:
Eric Walker (05-29-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Let's address hybridization - in this tank, there are no laying sites. Even if a tadpole was produced, it would starve to death. Why, you ask? It's because I DO NOT PULL EGGS and there is nothing for a tad to eat.
I don't have an opinion to add to the mix tank storm but I feel I should share my experiences with regard to the above quote. I do not have any egg laying sites in my tanks nor do I pull eggs or feed my tads. I leave it completely up to nature and I still get constant breeding. The tads will eat fruit flies that have fallen into the water and sunk, and they will eat the decaying organic matter in the water areas. The frogs tend to lay their clutches near the axial of the broms on the base of the leaves, this is how my Panamanian auratus always do it. I still can't find where my leucs lay their eggs as there are no broms in their tank just pathos. The point is they succeed just fine without any help from me.
AzureFrog (06-02-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 03:42 AM
TWI/ASN

Quote:
Mitch, please read very carefully. The display tank is the subject of this thread. The inhabitants are 7 frogs, 4 different morphs. I call them 'wunzies' and I won't part with them for sentimental reasons. It would behoove us all if you would stop with the tank mixing. You might confuse the noobs. BTW, how is it that you have nearly 1600 posts in less than a year? Is it due to harassing honest poison dart frog hobbyists until they cry? If so, please stop.

And the answer to your question is that I've never seen a hybrid frog, except online. My auratus breeders , which are NOT hybrid, live in their own in separate tanks. I enjoy the egg-to-tad-to-frog process - it's quite unique, as I'm sure you know, or at least, heard about.

Have you ever had issues with your tank, assuming that you have one? If so, it's very possible that my ideas might be of some use to you. If not, thanks for looking. Byebye.
punctata likes this.

Last edited by Mitch; 05-29-2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: More suitable post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
BTW, how is it that you have nearly 1600 posts in less than a year?
How is it you only have 193 posts in 4 years, yet you say you are here to help?

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!!!

i cannot stop laughing!!!

thought I'd add to it...lol

Mitch and punctata like this.

Last edited by boabab95; 05-29-2011 at 04:29 AM.