Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 11:15 PM

Default New Cristobal Froglet!!!

My second Cristobal pair did not seem to be doing much. I had a trio to start with that turned out to be a 2.1 instead of a 1.2. I removed the calling male because the other two were hiding all the time, and after about a week I heard one of the other two start calling. I didn't see any courting behavior for two months after removing the first male and certainly no eggs. I was beginning to think I had ended up with three males.

When I checked in on them today I found this little guy and one other in a different brom. That brom is tiny. I would never have guessed a tadpole could survive in there.

Pumilio Cristobal 1st Froglet B2.jpg Pumilio Cristobal 1st Froglet B1.jpg

Lesson learned #1 - Even if two pumilios are not aggressive toward one another they could still both be males.

Lesson learned #2 - If you have a pumilio trio and they are overly shy, you could have two (or even three) males. The dominant male might call and show some boldness, but that doesn't mean he's the only male.