Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Member's Frogs & Vivariums (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/)
-   -   And lo...a fly emerged from the canister.... (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/631-lo-fly-emerged-canister.html)

04-15-2004 07:32 PM

And lo...a fly emerged from the canister....

04-15-2004 08:27 PM

Very nice picture Bill... do we need to ask what the next few moments brought about?? :wink:

Thanks for sharing it...

kyle1745 04-15-2004 09:26 PM

Re: And lo...a fly emerged from the canister....

Great pic BILL! I know you are a happy imitator parent, as you have been waiting to get them for at least a year.

04-15-2004 09:45 PM

Great pic Bill

Devin Edmonds 04-15-2004 11:06 PM

Like the others have said, very nice photograph Bill! That one is deffinetly staying as my desktop wallpaper for a while.

04-16-2004 02:30 AM

Thanks for the wonderful comments you guys!! I took nearly 100 shots in this sitting and this was the only one that came out good. I'm not 100% satisfied with the depth of field as the legs were out of focus. Oveerall, I think it's a good photo that deserved the comical twist I added. Thanks!

-Bill J.

kyle1745 04-16-2004 02:48 AM

DOF is a tough issue. I find it a bit easier on the smaller frogs, ans actually have a tough time with it on the larger ones.

You get VERY good pictures out of a 3mp camera. Some of the best macros I have seen out of a 3mp for that matter.

Again very good picture,

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohnson
Thanks for the wonderful comments you guys!! I took nearly 100 shots in this sitting and this was the only one that came out good. I'm not 100% satisfied with the depth of field as the legs were out of focus. Oveerall, I think it's a good photo that deserved the comical twist I added. Thanks!

-Bill J.

04-16-2004 02:53 AM

Kyle...actually it's 4mp. ;) I would love to get a set of coated Hoya macro lenses to help alleviate the DOF issue....which is a very tough area like you said.

-Bill J.

04-16-2004 10:28 AM

Great pic of a great frog there bill. I can't wait to start getting into thumbs.

kyle1745 04-16-2004 11:25 AM

Opps my fault thought it was a 3.2, but guess it is a 4.1. Af for the filters you will have even more DOF problems with them. It reduces it down to nothing in some cases. You end up increasing the aperture (to increase DOF) so you end up needing more light (flash). Thust my issue... DSLRs help with useable higher isos, but I still plan to get a ring flash when I upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohnson
Kyle...actually it's 4mp. ;) I would love to get a set of coated Hoya macro lenses to help alleviate the DOF issue....which is a very tough area like you said.

-Bill J.