Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 12:16 AM

Default Sweet lil 10gal...

New viv I've been working on with extra stuff from other vivs and plant buys...Its hard to see in the pics but there is a coco hut mostly buried with a flat rock underneath in the back right corner to provide more cover. Moss still needs to grow in, hopefully the utricularia sandersoni will survive and take over the shoreline. Still a few things to add, and finishing touches along with growing in...Its plumbed for a drip wall also so need to get another tom's pump.

Sorry pics are a little fuzzy, having trouble getting a good shot that isn't over exposed because of the lights.

Here is a link to my other 2 newest vivs...
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/mem...x-1-20gal.html
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 12:17 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Sweet lil 10gal...

pretty nice, landsacping looks a lot bigger

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...340-julio.html
Old 09-25-2010, 12:51 AM

what a beautiful lil tank! Details, please - what kind of top did you put on it? False bottom? Ventilation? Lighting? what's a 'tom's pump'? how did you plumb it for a drip wall?

If you can point me to your other tanks where you've already answered my questions, that'll work ~

thanks!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygal View Post
what a beautiful lil tank! Details, please - what kind of top did you put on it? False bottom? Ventilation? Lighting? what's a 'tom's pump'? how did you plumb it for a drip wall?

If you can point me to your other tanks where you've already answered my questions, that'll work ~

thanks!
Thanks! For now it just has a standard 10gal incandescent black hood, with 2 cfl day light bulbs instead of regular incandescent bulbs...I'll probably go glass top eventually with a piece of the back plastic strip on the glass top removed and some black a/c foam filter put in its place for airflow, and add a small fan. Its a standard false bottom with a piece of pagoda stone foamed into place at an angle to make the shoreline. Plumbing right now is just an airline running from water along the inside edge of tank then out of the tank so it is easy to add the toms pump later. i should have sealed the line behind the background but forgot, so I'll just silicone some sphagnum moss to the line to hide it better.

A toms aqua lifter pump is a small lifting pump that sucks water up a line and then pumps it out another line...Its good for small water features that don't require a lot of flow. It only puts out like 3.5 gallons an hour or something like that.

Along the back wall there is a substrate dam that prevents it from going all the way to the back glass, thats filled with gravel and in theory should allow the water to go down the wall into the false bottom without picking up tannins and keep the water mostly clear in the pond but I over filled the tank to the substrate level and it leached tannins into the water so I'll suck it out and refill it eventually and keep it below the false bottom so the water stays clearer. I still have to add the actual drip line but that is just a "T" with 2 pieces of airline coming off the ends with holes punched in the line and siliconed into place running along top of tank to drip water down the wall in a few places.