Vivs - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors

facebook

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Vivs

Got an unsexed pair of intermedius, but i cant get a good pic of them. My gf's camera sucks and i have to use my phone camera so the pics arent so good but i just wanted to share and when i purchase a new camera ill post some updates. also i just wanted to thank everybody on the board. I am pretty new and the wealth of information provide is unbelievable. It's refreshing to see people who are truly passionate about their animals and the beautiful earth we live on.

Both are 20 verts. The one on the left has the imis. The camera makes the the vivs look uneven but they are perfectly level.

imis home

future vent home after they get a bit bigger in their grow out tank.

my one animal who is never hard to get a pic of
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti

Last edited by bmore; 07-15-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:34 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs

btw i rotated the pics on photobucket but they still look sideways.
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 PM
carola1155's Avatar
Mod
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,978
Thanks: 141
Thanked 368 Times in 286 Posts
Default Re: Vivs

They look great!

A little tip to get some better pictures... cut down on the light in your room (I usually wait until the sun goes down) and unless you have very escape-minded frogs drop down the front glass for a couple seconds to snap the photo. It'll cut the glare off and clear things up a bit.

P.S. it was nice of your dog to decide that was the right position to pose for a picture in... haha
__________________
-Tom
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
james67's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 3,798
Thanks: 18
Thanked 278 Times in 189 Posts
Default Re: Vivs

lookin good.

the alocasia 'polly' will get much too large and it might be better to remove now when your not working around tiny spastic frogs.

james
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM
SmackoftheGods's Avatar
TWI/ASN
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,029
Thanks: 63
Thanked 198 Times in 138 Posts
Default Re: Vivs

is that a dog or a cat? Ears and tail look like a cat, feet look like a dog....
__________________
Jake

Rank: Captain
Division: Frog Police
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 PM
cheezus_2007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 797
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Vivs

i really like how planted the vivs are .... nice job
__________________
trev.or.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackoftheGods View Post
is that a dog or a cat? Ears and tail look like a cat, feet look like a dog....
no i hope it's not a 120lbs cat. he is an akita.
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carola1155 View Post
They look great!

A little tip to get some better pictures... cut down on the light in your room (I usually wait until the sun goes down) and unless you have very escape-minded frogs drop down the front glass for a couple seconds to snap the photo. It'll cut the glare off and clear things up a bit.

P.S. it was nice of your dog to decide that was the right position to pose for a picture in... haha
ok will do. yea he sleeps like that a lot.
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezus_2007 View Post
i really like how planted the vivs are .... nice job
yea i love making vivs. im addicted so i might have to go to petco before the sale ends and pic up some more.
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by james67 View Post
lookin good.

the alocasia 'polly' will get much too large and it might be better to remove now when your not working around tiny spastic frogs.

james
will do. i wish they wouldn't cause i love the way they look in the viv.
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 PM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs


this is the best i could get with my gf's camera. but not too bad for only being in the viv 2 days. i have seen both of them but not at the same time

__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Vivs

hey what are some good plants for a small vivarium?(12x12x18) This is my first viv. so yeah. Thx
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 PM
carola1155's Avatar
Mod
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,978
Thanks: 141
Thanked 368 Times in 286 Posts
Default Re: Vivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedFreak View Post
hey what are some good plants for a small vivarium?(12x12x18) This is my first viv. so yeah. Thx
There is a lot of information on this board about what plants are good for a small viv... Put the Search function to good use and you'll be able to find a lot of different plants. Also, check out what the sponsors are offering for sale as they are typically all good vivarium plants and will have descriptions as well.



back on topic... those pictures look great, I love how heavily planted it is... your frogs will love you for all the hiding spaces and hopefully reward you by being out a lot
__________________
-Tom
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2010, 12:02 AM
bmore's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 118
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Vivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carola1155 View Post
There is a lot of information on this board about what plants are good for a small viv... Put the Search function to good use and you'll be able to find a lot of different plants. Also, check out what the sponsors are offering for sale as they are typically all good vivarium plants and will have descriptions as well.



back on topic... those pictures look great, I love how heavily planted it is... your frogs will love you for all the hiding spaces and hopefully reward you by being out a lot
thanks. i just put the imis in two days ago and i see them pretty regularly already which is pretty cool. the next viv i want to do three sides with tree fern panels. i love the three sided look.
__________________
1.1.0 Cobalts
2.1.0 "Iquitos" vents
2.0.0 Intermedius
1.1.0 Basti
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lessening snails and slugs in vivs or plants adding to vivs. Dragonfly Plants 4 02-09-2010 06:52 PM
Vivs any use? chrism General Discussion 12 06-01-2009 10:27 PM
need some vivs! Member's Frogs & Vivariums 9 04-01-2006 01:49 AM
My vivs(again) Member's Frogs & Vivariums 0 03-25-2006 08:26 PM
My Vivs... Member's Frogs & Vivariums 4 03-24-2006 10:43 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.