Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Default New Intermedius Home

I recently got some beautiful Intermedius from Mark (Pigface) and could not be happier. I promised I'd post photographs. This is their new home. They aren't in there yet, but will be soon. I still have some planting to do and if anyone who knows about broms and thinks that the two species I have planted (two of one species and one of another) would not be suitable for Intermedius, I'd really appreciate your insight. I know absolutely nothing about broms. This is also my first viv using Great Stuff. It has a false bottom and a false back for access to the pump. It has a little stream flowing along a half cork tube at the bottom, and now I'm thinking I need something up higher.

I've never used a misting system and have misted by hand. But now that I have 5 vivs and plan more as soon as the Petco sale starts, I might start with one on this viv, so I'm doing the research now. If you have any advice for a single tank, somewhat inexpensive misting system, I'd welcome it.

Thanks again Mark!

Hex 3.jpg
Hex 1.jpg
Hex 2.jpg
Hex 4.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Mod

Default Re: New Intermedius Home

looks great so far! the background looks like it came out really nice

Those broms typically dont fare too well in vivs though... Ive had a couple and they all rotted. Your best bet is to order a few from one of the sponsors as they will be viv-appropriate.

Some different broms may help you get some stuff up higher too, if you buy some pups you can just stick the stolon straight into the great stuff up in the higher areas of the tank. They'll root there and provide a nice little canopy for the frogs to climb around on
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM

You can't go wrong with a Mistking setup. This hobby is so addicting, you might as well buy an expandable system.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carola1155 View Post
looks great so far! the background looks like it came out really nice

Those broms typically dont fare too well in vivs though... Ive had a couple and they all rotted. Your best bet is to order a few from one of the sponsors as they will be viv-appropriate.

Some different broms may help you get some stuff up higher too, if you buy some pups you can just stick the stolon straight into the great stuff up in the higher areas of the tank. They'll root there and provide a nice little canopy for the frogs to climb around on
That's what I was afraid of. I'll just order some from somebody who knows broms.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimO View Post
That's what I was afraid of. I'll just order some from somebody who knows broms.
I would get some broms that hold a decent amount of water. My intermedius pair has tads in each of the water filled axials.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Mod

I just got several from dartfrog megastore... Jason does some pretty good deals on brom packs. if you want you can try leaving a comment asking for certain types like "suited for holding a lot of water" or "smaller species" etc and he may help you out. either way, no matter what you get they will be suitable for your viv...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 PM
TWI/ASN

If you are heading to the Tampa area(Sarasota) anytime soon, you could go to Tropiflora or Michaels bromeliads. I have bought all of my Bromeliads from Tropiflora and they are wonderful over there. I know a lot of people have ordered from Michael's, but have no first hand knowledge with them. You can order with both online.

By the way the tank looks nice.

Dave