Well this tank went no where LOL!
The original tank got neglected since I had to move it out of my room when I repainted my whole room and put new furniture in. I had no room for the tank so it went out into the living room next to my 40gal breeder tank
I didn't pay attention to it and never spray it because I got lazy lol.
Now I decided to completely redo the tank and connect my automatic misting system and fogger to it since it's just right next to my main tank. All I have to do was to split the connections and plumb the 20gal vert.
So here's what I did below:
1.) Since I want the tank to look clean ( I don't want to see any tubing etc.) I decided to run the misting tube inside the tube for the fogger.
The misting tube is about 1/4" diameter and the fogger has a 1/2" inside diameter.
This is how the plumbing will look at the top of the tank. The Black tube is for the fogger and I'm putting 3 hole around it for the fog to come out off.
here's a pic of the misting tube being ran inside the fogging tube. As you can see, I used a tee splitter to run the misting tube inside the fogging tube. I silicone the end of the tee where the misting tube come into so that when the fogger is turned on, the fog won't come out on that end.
Here's the whole plumbing before siliconing everything in place.
The toughest part was fishing the misting tube through the fogging tube.
After I fished it to the right area, I cut a hole into the fogging tube and inserted an L connection into the misting tube so I can connect the misting head.
here's it is after the tubing was all siliconed in place. Notice I still have the turntable at the bottom, so i can rotate the tank freely from side to side but not 360 degrees because of the plumbing in the way.
I filled in the bottom with river rocks.
Then the substrate. Which is a mix of perlite, peat moss, sand and sphagnum moss. I didn't put a false bottom(eggcrate) this time. I don't think it was necessary since i won't be misting this as much as the other tank I have.
Here's me, messing around with the cork bark, trying to get some ideas rolling
stacking them up doesn't look like a bad idea..
But ultimately I decided to just place them on the side walls like this, with the gaps in between.
I wanted to silicone them onto the glass but since they're curved in the backs of them, it will take a lot of silicone. So I decided to put GS behind them and laid them flat on a paper towel and let the GS dry flat, so their backs will be filled in and flat.
After they were dry, I applied silicone behind them and stuck them on the glass.
Sorry, I forgot to take pics after they were all place onto the glass.
So anyway, I needed something to place in between all the cork bark. Since everyone is doing the clay background these days, I decided to try it for myself
At first I bought the "Special Cat" kitty litter at walmart, the one in the red bag. Soaked it overnight and it didn't dissolve at all. So I got a different brand called "scoop away" and it says on the box "clumping formula". This one started clumping as soon as I put water on it.
I mixed the kitty litter with lots of peat moss to turn the clay mixture more brown instead of the gray color and to put some texture to it.
All in all, I love this procedure a lot better than using GS all over the background! It's so much easier and more natural. It's easy to shape it as well. Here's some pics of the results.
I don't have much plants in there right now. Just some moss from the other tank and pennywort.
I'm planning on putting another nepethese ampullaria in here once it cools down outside, so I can place that order for that plant
All I need to do now is to install the fans. I haven't installed them yet since I was waiting for the fan controller to come in the mail (which came in today)
Here's the four fans hooked up to it. 2 of them will go to the 40gal breeder tank and two in this one.
2 of the fans have white LED lights on them when they're turned on.