Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 07:46 PM

Post First terrarium build <small journal>. 30g, pics

First i want to thank everyone on these forums for the wealth of information I obtained from here while building my tank. I've had many species of lizards/frogs/amphibians/etc and never seen tank creation like these till i found this sight. So thanks a bunch for this sight. Anyways here it goes:

Day 1: Created false bottom. didnt take pics... im a noob.

Day 2: Great foamed tha background and inserted an awesome piece of driftwood. I didnt put too much driftwood in because tank is rather thin in my opinion.

Day 3: Siliconed and cocofibered the background. also cut a few holes for pots and plants. coco bark on bottom

Day 4: Plants and moss day.

close up of driftwood hideout

plants all in

Day numbers are in no way accurate. prolly took me 4 months of failing and/or replacing before i was happy with what i was doing.

Plants are a bromeliad, some ferns, a philodendron and 1 orchid right now planted on some wisconsin sheet moss on sphaghnum/cocobark. I'll prolly put another orchid <or 2> in in a week or so. I didnt want to plant too much cuz i didnt want to clutter it right now. I had also originally intended to add a water feature over the driftwood, but decided against it being my first tank and ease of use/maintenance. Hope you guys like it. I'll also keep this up to date with growth and what kinda frogs im gonna use, as im not quite sure which I want. please send comments and/or suggestions.
Thanks.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Default Re: First terrarium build <small journal>. 30g, pics

looking great so Far. Are you going to add a larger plant ? I think it would look great with some creeping fig. Whats your water source going to be? And what will Be living in there? Good job, keep it up
Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 PM

Is that a twenty long? Looks like the one I did about a week ago (my first viv as well 20l Build). That tillandsia (Pink Quill) Is in mine as well. I was told to mount it, but with not much space, I had to plant it in the soil and hope for the best. So far, it seems to be the happiest plant in my tank (my baby tears died...*sigh*) and has bloomed twice!!

Looks good so far! I love the driftwood.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:09 PM

Yes I will be adding another plant, and coincidently it will be a creeping fig. tank dimensions are 36"x 16.5"x 12.5" roughly equaling 32 gallons. Water wise im just gonna drop in lizard "rock water bowl" and bury it in the moss with some gravel in it. Looking at a mistking mister for it also. Frog wise im gonna get either some auratus or azureus. Was contemplating Terribilis but I've been reading mixed reviews on their level of care.

Tags
30g, build, journal