It is very easy to do.......here are the steps i use......
1) buy a tupperware bin big enough that they can't jump out. ( Walmart )
2) throw some egg carton, papertowel rolls into the bin.
3) get two tupperware containers about 2 inches tall and fill it with soil.
Free of harmful contaminents. Put water in the soil so that it is very
4) Provide some food Cricket quencher, Orange peels at all times
5) Go to your cricket dealer and grab around 4-5 dozen crickets 4-1 ratio
4 being female 1 being male
6) throw the crickets into the tub covering them with the lid.
7) check every once and a while to see if the soil is moist and there is
food and after about a week pull the tupperware containers out of the
bin and put them into a seperate container.
8) after a couple of weeks 2 roughly u will have pinheads everywhere.
9) keep the temp. for the eggs around 75 or 80.
10)adult crickets with 1/2 inch stingers as you may think they are, are
best for producing babies.
I find that if you keep the bin tip top shape cleaning debris away you will not have any problem with a stench. You may have a bit but it won't kill.
Well happy hopping and if u could let me know how you guys do that would be great.
P.s. I think the whole project cost me all of $10 MAX