Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffkruse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 01:35 PM

Default Biopod

My sweet husband went to a USARK auction this weekend and ended up buying my a biopod. It's gorgeous, but I also think It's going to end up being a brick. I'm so sad but I can't get it connected to anyone's phone. I have tried both Apple and Androids. I even downloaded an android program to my laptop to try and get that to work. Nothing. I've emailed the company but from what I have read that's a useless cause.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Biopod

My Grand works. That said, even as a brick its a great setup. Just think of it as a shell only. Tinker with it and use manually controlled equipment. Get a small air turbine and blow air 100% of the time through the "Biopure" vent. That will keep your front glass clear. Heat? Do you need to apply heat? You lighting may provide some and your room temp might be ok. Get new LED light strips and control them with a timer if you can't figure out how to hack the existing lights. Manually control the living wall pump if heavy misting isn't enough. IDK, I frequently think of what I would have to do if mine stopped working. I would buy a Biopod even if the electronics didn't work.
Encyclia likes this.
Old Today, 07:46 AM

Help! This guy is selling his Biopod... I love how it looks. What about the app? Is it working at all. Gotta decide what to do.��

Old Today, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Biopod

My blower broke, the humidity sensor broke, one of the heat sensors broke, one of 4 misters doesn't work. The air pump is way to loud.

That said, I made my pod all land (1" false bottom with egg crate) and disconnected the blower and put my own blower in. I also disconnect one of the heating wires that paired with the broken heat sensor.

So after two years the lights still work, 3 of 4 misters still work, one of the heat wires still works, and the pump for the "living" wall still works.

It's a nice vivarium.