Dendroboard banner

150Gal Uprooted Oak Palu

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  junglehoard 
#1 ·
Getting back into the hobby with a 150gal tall palu build. 15” of land and about 12” of depth of water for tropical fish

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
This is a baby Motoro stingray and just in here as a grow out obviously as these rays require much more space as they grow. This one has about a 4” disc - seemingly very healthy and comfortable.

At some point I may get a teacup just to have a small ray for a more sustainable inhabitant.

#7 ·
Thank you!

It is a traditional FB design with egg crating with PVC supports throughout then covered in foam. The buoyancy was a bit of an issue, but between the egg crating being zip tied to supports silicones to the tank bottom and the sand substrate it held the land portion and kept from floating.

The land is divided into two sections. The right side under the stump with considerably more foam.

#15 ·
I almost bought+traded for a pair of black diamonds last week - they were asking $1000. Prob could have gotten it to $700-$750 with the Mototo trade in, but they were 8" discs and I couldn't put one 8" in my tank let alone two. It was a shame to pass up. I was almost relieved when it didn't pan out because my ray is beautiful, healthy and the perfect size for my tank for another year or so

#17 ·
Just ordered (from Black Jungle Terrarium Supply) 3 Phyllobates Terribilis Orange Blackfoot with sheet moss and some plants plus all the goodies they’ll need to be happy inside including more live oak leaf litter, spring tail culture, orange isopods (10 count) and a FF culture kit.

Addl. plants include (3) mondo grass, 2 live oak maple leaf, and a couple philodendron. 2 quarts of sheet moss to use in some places and on other terrarium projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.