I had an extra 12x12x18 laying around after moving a crested gecko into a big planted viv, so figured I'd do something with it. I wanted to make something for some kind of ranitomeya species, and in my head I wanted something with a lot of usable area, and lots ofvisual barriers between the frogs. This thread will be to show the bad log I made along the way.
Planning the cork pieces. Most of the pieces are leftover from a larger build I did. Sorry for the awful picture!
After foaming and siliconing
Drainage layer, substrate, leaf litter, first round of planting. F
Second round of planting
And here it is today, most of the plants are doing well, the marcgravia could be better though. Thinking about taking it out and nursing it a bit.
I introduced the frogs about 1.5 months after initially planting, ideally I would've liked to have given the vivarium more time but I got a pretty good deal on a trio. When I get the chance I'll try to take some nicer pics, there is 1.1.1 living in here right now. Definitely very bold frogs, from the looks of it I'll end up having 2.1.0 which is what I wanted, but only one of the frogs is calling right now and he's pretty much calling his heart out. The light I am using is an LED sunblaster and it is fantastic. Cleanup crew are tropical whites springtails, temperate whites springtails, and dwarf white isopods.
I'll update this thread periodically with pictures of the viv and frogs!