Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2018, 03:40 AM

Default A Couple Frog Pics

My little pals decided to let me do a little photo shoot with them today. I must smell really badly most days cause they rarely let me get the camera this close this many times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2018, 03:51 AM

Default Re: A Couple Frog Pics

Dude, you have a pretty awesome collection. Fine spot leucs, Dendrobates tinctorious Ďazureusí, the pumilio (legit Nicuraguan blue jeans?)and the Epipedobates anthonyi. Man... may we see their enclosures?

Old 12-24-2018, 03:56 AM

Obviously canít forget the variabilis, though to be honest, I can never remember the visual difference between northern and southern populations. I know itís not an imitator, but canít say if itís a northern or southern population variability..

Old 12-24-2018, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruantien View Post
Dude, you have a pretty awesome collection. Fine spot leucs, Dendrobates tinctorious Ďazureusí, the pumilio (legit Nicuraguan blue jeans?)and the Epipedobates anthonyi. Man... may we see their enclosures?

I don't currently have any updated pics of the vivs and the timers have turned all the lights off for the night. I continually seem to add and remove plants too so they are usually ever changing but I will get pics tomorrow to share.

My leucs and azureus share a tank (bad juju I know, but they were my first and I've had them a while and never had noticeable problems.)

My imitators are C. Valley morphs. Although, they could just as easily not be, the darn things all look so similar to each other and I don't have THAT good of an eye.

As for the blue jeans they are my favorite dart frog but they are stubborn little fools and hard to find in the trade, at least in my experience. I recently made them a new set up that is MUCH more heavily planted and significantly larger with the hopes that I see them more because they are SHY. You'd think frogs as brilliantly colored as them would be just a tad more bold but not these fellers!.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:34 AM

I take that back. I do have a fairly current viv pic. This is the C Valley tank. Not pictured is recently planted selaganella moss that Iím trying to get to carpet the floor.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:39 AM

Your Ranitomeya have to be happy in that enclosure. I am almost certain they are Ranitomeya variabilis Ďnortherní; based off of the short amount of time I have spent reading into the differences. Maybe the OGís can fill in, however, I believe that imitators have a different marking on the nose. Imitators have what I would describe as a 3 fin boomerang on their nose. Iím quite possibly wrong however, nonetheless, beautiful frogs my friend and thank you for sharing!

Old 12-24-2018, 04:46 AM

Beats me *. I was after the color pattern over specific species in regards to them. Looking forward to what othersí input is as I got them from a local breeder. I will do my best to share the other tanks tomorrow as well as try and steal some more pics from my pumilio.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:54 PM

As promised are my vivs with a couple frogs thrown in the mix.

This one is my Santa Isabel tank with a couple babies floating around that I have no idea what to do with *.

This is my blue jeans tank. Iím hoping with time they get more bold. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get them to be more showy I would LOVE to hear them. The only pic that one of them would give me is through a dirty piece of glass. Nonetheless, their color is still incredible even with the low quality.

And lastly is my leuc and azureus tank. While Iím more a fan of the bromeliad setups, I love this tank. It consists mostly of ferns and philodendron and a couple orchids getting ready to rebloom but my prize is the pitcher plant thatís entangled throughout the tank.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkowald View Post
My little pals decided to let me do a little photo shoot with them today. I must smell really badly most days cause they rarely let me get the camera this close this many times!

Beautiful pictures! Well done!!!
- MAG