Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Member's Frogs & Vivariums (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/)
-   -   Almost Ready for Frogs! (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/31931-almost-ready-frogs.html)

onefstsnake 09-15-2008 04:33 AM

Almost Ready for Frogs!

Well my 18" exo cube is growing in nicely.

The ivy is going nuts and will probably need pruning soon.
My Cryptanthus is really doing well and showing nice color.
The strawbery begonia is growing very fast too and the color is great!

Still waiting for the moss to grow in a little more. Might just pull some from my other tank.
So maybe later this week Ill have some PDF's in here.

Newly setup.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...titled-117.jpg

Now.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...titled-161.jpg

Devanny 09-15-2008 07:12 AM

Re: Almost Ready for Frogs!

I really like it, nice plants. (o:

tkromer 09-15-2008 11:08 AM

Lookin pretty good to me. Do you have your fruit fly cultures going?

onefstsnake 09-15-2008 04:55 PM

Yeah I knew I was forgetting something. doh!

scream-aim-fire 09-16-2008 12:10 AM

if thats the springfield digital hydro/therm in your tank i would take it out and return it, i had the same one in my viv for about a week or two and the humidity in the tank killed it.

onefstsnake 09-16-2008 02:38 AM

well its been in there for about a week so ill see. I paid $5 for it so its alot cheaper than ones made for our hobby. Maybe ill take it out every now and then to dry out.

I picked up some small hydei cultures today from Petco. Surprisingly they have alot of flies and larva in them. So I picked up all the supplies to start my first cultures. So far so good. Atleast I was able to find some FF localy so I dont have to worry about what to feed the frogs once I get them.

scream-aim-fire 09-17-2008 01:58 AM

yeah they are a good deal on the hydro/temp gauge i think i paid like 7 or 8 for the one i got.

hopefully the fruit flies you got from petco are mite free. i know they dont do anything to prevent mites. but they might be ok. good luck with it.

onefstsnake 09-17-2008 03:19 AM

Yeah I looked at them really good and didnt see any mites.

I might do a water change soon, since the water is kinda brown. Or I might just do a few water tests.

IN2DEEP 09-17-2008 04:46 AM

Looks nice! I might suggest moving the humidity guage close to the top (I use same 1's ). Atleast dont give it a direct spray.

onefstsnake 09-17-2008 06:08 AM

yeah I took the gauge out for the night. Humidity and temp doesnt vary much anyways.

I have noticed a few fungus gnats in the tank. Hopefully they wont take over the viv.

scream-aim-fire 09-17-2008 09:11 PM

doing a water change will not make a difference, the water in the tank will just turn brown again a few days later, its from the coco fiber, wood or leaves in the tank. it lets off tantic (i think thats how its spelled) acids, tantic acid is not harmfull, so there really isnt a need for trying to get the water clear again.

onefstsnake 09-19-2008 03:11 AM

I put a small carbon filter under the waterfall for about a day. seems to have cleared up the water a little and got rid of some of the odor.

I also planted a few more Cryptanthus pups. I really need to order some Fireballs soon or something without spikes on its leaves lol. The crypts can be kinda sharp on their edges.

Also my fruit flies are starting to mate. I still might pick up some cultures from Chris tomorrow.

Im excited! : )

onefstsnake 09-21-2008 02:11 AM

Well I picked up a pair of Suriname Cobalts tonight from Umbrasprite. I believe I got a male and a female. Both are ~6 months old he said. I just put them in their new home. But they seem reluctant to come out of the plastic container I brought them home in.

I also picked up some supplements from him.

He was very nice to talk with, and offered lots of information. I would definately recomend him to anyone.

Ill start a new thread with pics in a few days.