Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Thumnail Pics

Here are two pics of some thumbnail frogs that I took at the Miwest Dendrobate Group meeting in Ohio. Since the meeting was held at the Quality Captives dart frog breeding complex, I just had to take some pics of their breeders.

Dendrobates intermedius--nice orange coloring! Very cool frogs, and very bold. It was so much fun watching these guys eat . . . they aren't afraid of anything. I HAVE to get some of these.

Dedrobates lamasi 'standard'--gorgeous frogs. Need I say more?

Homer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2004, 04:19 PM

Homer,

Those are some nice pictures!!! I'm sure that you will get some Intermedius soon. Maybe Santa will bring them to you? :wink:

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC), The Confucian Analects
Old 11-29-2004, 04:37 PM

Did homer just recieve some this weekend. Or was that just one, do you have a pair now. I also noticed that the intermedius in that big tank on the bottom shelf were out almost the entire time and didnt even pay attention to all the people that were in their space. These guys are very cool frogs. But the lamasi takes the prize of best looking frog in the hobby. Homer if you read this let me know how the buzzati are doing. they should have at least started up by now.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Nice shots, and I can say intermedius are great. Very bold and active frogs.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:22 PM

Wow, Kyle, I definitely take it as a compliment when you tell me the shots are nice! It's just too bad that I couldn't get a better pic of the intermedius--the glass had some condensation on it that I didn't notice through the viewfinder. :?

Jace--Indeed, I did get a pair (or hopefully a pair) if intermedius this weekend, but the one pictured here was one of those bold little guys Quality Captives had in the 20 high. They are rock awesome frogs, and I've been dreaming about getting some for quite some time. They sure don't disappoint; but that's what I have come to expect from any frogs I get from Quality Captives.

BTW, Jace, the buzzati have plenty of larvae right now, and are just to the point of creating pupae. It should not be long now before there is production (good thing, as the adults are dying off--maybe old age). Thanks for following up!