02-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Join Date: Feb 2017
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Viv - Yet Another 12x12x18
So I'm relatively new to vivaria but I've done years worth of reef and freshwater planted tanks. Saw a deal for a local 12x12x18 and decided to give this a try!
The plan is for a fully planted bioactive viv, with a mossy drip wall (I know, the debate over water features in smaller vivs - I've kept the profile to <3" and if the system fails I'll still have a mist backup for humidity. )
Scape was build last week, I'm planning to let the silicone and GS outgas for about a month before adding plants, then let the tank grow in (with microfauna) for another month before adding frogs.
- Zoo Med 12x12x18
- Zoo Med CFL Hood (Not Pictured)
- 25W +UV CFL
- Small powerhead for drip wall
- Exo Terra Monsoon Solo (?)
- Starting with a digital timer power strip, maybe I'll spin my own diy controller or recycle a reef controller in the future... We'll see how it stabilizes
- Cork Bark wall with Mopani accents - mounted to tank with silicone
- GS & Cocoa fiber filler
- Asstd. Mosses for drip wall
- 2-3 Epiphytes, maybe broms
- Asstd. Tropicals, Ferns, Vines
Scape as of 2/12/17:
- 1.1.0 - R. ventrimaculata 'French Guiana Yellow'
I'd love any feedback or tips as I'm new to this!