Dendroboard banner

Pinner's Palu (pic heavy)

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  geckoman2 
#1 ·
I was doing some Cleaning and thought you guys might like to see some updated shots:

Enjoy!

FTS:

Right Side:

Left Side:

Water:

Closeups:

I'm still waiting on Vietnamise Mossy Tree Frogs but the reptile show is coming up in Salt Lake next month so heres hoping I can find some there.

-pinner

See less See more
#9 ·
Hey thanks for all the positive comments.

Here are the tank specs:

37 XH Glass (not drilled)-
Zoo-med 501 turtle filter (canister)
Visa-therm 50W? heater for the water
Koralia nano for added flow.

The land area has 4" of gravel and a drain siphon. Then a few layers of substrate of varing consistancy. I used some styrofoam slats to create false walls on either end of the tank. This allows me to hide all the tubes and wires except the intake for the filter. I didn't think I could waterproof the land area if I drilled through the acrylic and I wanted to be able to disconnect the intake for maintence pourposes therefore I decided to snake some tubing back up and over the land partition. After that it was GS, drift wood and silicone and such. I'll try and get some pics of the innerworkings for you guys.

As for the mantis he does have quite the little personality. He watches me do the dishes, watches tv with me and stuff. At the same time though he's not afraid to take me or anything that enters the tank on... I work at a LFS and all the pest crabs/snails ect are fed to him. I've seen him take a fish twice his size and the glancing blow to my fingernail felt like I smashed my finger with a hammer.

Thanks again
-pinner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.