Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By martini5788

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 PM

Default 50 gallon leucomelas build

So after having my first vivarium for only 3 months I am definitely addicted. And luckily, my husband likes the viv more than my fish tanks so after breaking down my freshwater planted 50 gallon a few months ago he gave me the go ahead to convert it into another vivarium! I am planning on housing 3-5 fine spotted leucomelas in there eventually, we are moving in about 8 months so I might wait until after we move to get frogs in it. It also gives me a lot more time to build it, so win win. For the background I decided on using the leftover cork bark from the last build plus a few pieces I got from repticon a few weeks ago and great stuff also left over from the last build( got wayyyyy too much). I am also going to attempt to incorporate a moss drip wall and a pond into this build. I drilled 2 holes and fed airline tubing through them into one of the larger cork pieces. There is also a line that goes to the pond as well as one to the false bottom. I plan on using a toms aqualifter to move the water around. If the drip wall ends up not working out no biggie, I will just unplug it and have the pump move around the water from the pond and false bottom. And if the pond doesn't end up working out I will fill it in with rocks, but I wanted to atleast attempt something with this build but have options if it didn't work out.
The 50 gallon has the same
Footprint as a 55 but is 2 inches shorter, so I wanted to create some kind of flow since I don't have a lot of depth to work with. This is the wood placement similar to what I had in the freshwater tank and it really draws the eye across the length of the tank so it isn't as obvious that it is so shallow. Definitely open to suggestions though as to what I can do differently if anyone has any!! I haven't finished carving the foam or finished one side but I thought I would see what everyone thought so far and in case I needed to switch anything before moving forward. Thanks for looking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sage1970 likes this.