Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Pics of my vivarium...

Hi!
I'm new to this board, thought I'd post some pics of my vivarium and the inhabitants....
The vivarium has been running for almost 2 years now, have been adding new plants all the time, but as you can see there is little room for any more additions...
Currently I have 0.0.3 D. leucomelas and 1.1 Phelsuma klemmeri in this tank.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 04:50 PM

My mouth dropped open when i saw your viv! Its amazing! You got plants i'd love to have but cant find them here in the US :cry:

Great job, can you list some of the specs, and plants? I see a marisa fern which i have been trying to find a source here for over a year.

Ryan
Old 11-20-2004, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
My mouth dropped open when i saw your viv! Its amazing! You got plants i'd love to have but cant find them here in the US :cry:

Great job, can you list some of the specs, and plants? I see a marisa fern which i have been trying to find a source here for over a year.

Ryan
Thanks!
The N. marisa would take over the whole tank in a month if I didn't cut it back, but it's a nice fern. Hope you find one
The list is pretty long, and I don't have the scientific name for all of them...
Anyway, here it is:
http://www.zoonen.com/perzoonen/artikel.asp?oid=81216

Old 11-20-2004, 05:05 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics! Have any of the orchids bloomed for you yet? Also, what type of lighting are you currently using?

Thanks

Justin
Old 11-20-2004, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonii85
Thanks for sharing the pics! Have any of the orchids bloomed for you yet? Also, what type of lighting are you currently using?

Thanks

Justin
Yes, actually the majority of them have. There is always something that is blooming. If you check the list, "har blommat" means have bloomed

I have 3 30 W and 1 20 W sunglo, 1 30 W reptisun 5.0 and 3 35 W halogen spots (decostar IRC).
Old 11-20-2004, 05:49 PM

Great looking tank!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Johano
Quote:

Thanks

Justin
Yes, actually the majority of them have. There is always something that is blooming. If you check the list, "har blommat" means have bloomed :)

I have 3 30 W and 1 20 W sunglo, 1 30 W reptisun 5.0 and 3 35 W halogen spots (decostar IRC).

Thanks for the translation! I am guessing that you run the lights in a series to simulate sunrise/set. What sort of ventilation do you use with this particular setup? Computer fans?

Thanks

Justin
Old 11-20-2004, 07:31 PM

That's crazy :shock: . how big is that tank, what are the specs on it and how long did it take you to make? (Go sweedish people )
Old 11-20-2004, 07:33 PM

Awesome, I'm stunned. My next tank I'm gonna plant like crazy. I hope it comes out half as good as that one.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the translation! I am guessing that you run the lights in a series to simulate sunrise/set. What sort of ventilation do you use with this particular setup? Computer fans?

Thanks

Justin
Yes, all of them aren't turned on at the same time, no one likes to wake up like that
I have a 6 W fan blowing air horizontally over the ventilation a couple of hours every day. There is a 5 cm ventilation slit at ground level and a large slit ( 25 cm) on the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettC
how big is that tank, what are the specs on it and how long did it take you to make?
It's 90 cm wide 110 cm high and 70 cm deep, no idea what that is in inches....
I have been improving it all the time (not entirely finished yet) so it's hard to say how long it took to make it, but the initial setup was done in a week or so.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:16 PM

Awesome. For us American people who don't like the metric system the dimensions are: 35.4 in; 43.3 in; 27.5 in. So initial setup is the background any modifications ect to it? That doesn't seem too long. How do you frogs like the constant changes or do you see no difference?
Old 11-20-2004, 08:38 PM

To be honest I think we should go metric, just for buisness needs and simple things like this!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettC
Awesome. For us American people who don't like the metric system the dimensions are: 35.4 in; 43.3 in; 27.5 in. So initial setup is the background any modifications ect to it? That doesn't seem too long. How do you frogs like the constant changes or do you see no difference?
This is what the tank looked like about one month after the setup, I think the changes are for the better
The major changes have been the sides of the tank, and addition of new plants, I've also replaced some of the substrate. No modifications to the background or the roots.
I've only had the frogs for about 3 months, after that there has only been minor changes like new plants, pruning and so on....

Old 11-20-2004, 09:25 PM

Unbelieveable! That is an incredible tank. How is it keeping the klemmeri with the leucs? Have they bred for you yet? Nice job.

Jordan
Old 11-20-2004, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan B
Unbelieveable! That is an incredible tank. How is it keeping the klemmeri with the leucs? Have they bred for you yet? Nice job.

Jordan
The klemmeri and leucomelas ignore eachother, and they also tend to use different parts of the tank.
The leucomelas were not fully adult when i got them, but now the male has been calling from time to time, let's see what happends. The klemmeri are breeding and I've hatched a few young.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:38 PM

WOW! I love your tank! I wish i had room for a tand that actually has some depth to it! Great job!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Pics of my vivarium...

I know this is ten years old but, wow, I love those plants, not your usual. So pretty.