Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Default My first build.

Ok, this is my first version of the sideways tank. It is a 50 gal that I turned on its side and divided in half. The left side is for the RETF and the right side is for a D.tinc (possibly a suriname cobalt). The plants are your typical tropical house plants from lowes and home depot. There is some moss in there as well. It is trying to root.

The bottom layer of substrate is aquarium soil. The next is a mix of coco bedding, orchid bark, organic soil and sphagnum moss. The third is just coco bedding. I may be adding some sphagnum moss (or other interesting type of moss) to the top as well. This is just so the coco does not stick to them.

All of the parts except the hinge, I found at my local lowes or home depot.

This was a very quick build so that I could get the frogs separated. It is not as impressive as most of the builds I have found on here. I will do that once we move. For now, this is just a temp tank. If my collection grows like I want it too, then this will wind up being the nursery tank for the tads and froglets. We shall see. :mrgreen:

On to the pictures.

I weather stripped around all of the glass so that the bugs and moisture stay in.

I can remove the screen if I want to mist or feed. This way, there is not really big change in humidity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Default Re: My first build.

oh yeah, they live here.

My wifes RETF named Chins. (I know, not really original, all I did was rearrange part of the latin name)

And my PDF, Twitch. (Again, not really original, just took a natural feature and used that as his name)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
TWI/ASN

pretty cool, i wuould place some sort of tree fern pannel or something to keep the frogs from being a little stressed and trying to get to the other side of the tank.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...340-julio.html

Old 07-18-2008, 06:58 PM

You know, that is a great idea. I was trying to find something nice like that. how does it attach? Is it with silicone?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Ok, I just lost the RETF. They have been in the cage for 24 hours and I have all ready lost one. The dart is happy, lively and eating everything i put in front of him. The RETF was green and healthy last night. I came to feed them this morning and he was dark brown and sleeping on the ground. Then I went to my LPS and picked up a few trinkets of wood and a couple of humidity gauges and come home and he is dead.

So now I have a half of a 50 gal empty and a zoo med 12x12x12 empty but planted. I guess this is the story of my life. :mrgreen: