Dendroboard banner

Dimitri J's palu (80 cm-40cm-60cm)

4K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  dimitri J 
#1 ·
hey, everybody, I'm dimitri J and I'm from Belgium

I've got a palu-thank for more then one year now and still think it's great.
I have no inhabitants in my palu, I just do it for the plants

here are my pictures
summer in my thank :D

1 yar and 3 months after I bought the motherplant, one of her babies has a new flower

close up

frontview

sideview

grtz
dimitri J

See less See more
#5 ·
yes, a palu (paludarium<== search this at google) is the same as a vivarium

do you have any notes on mine? what can I do better or something like that?

I want some hardgrowing plants, but I don't know which I should add to make it more like a jungle

grtz
dimitri J

#8 ·
thank you

I shall see if I can find some vines to plant.
Today in a month, there is a huge meeting, and there I shall look to find something. I also want to have some inhabitants for my thank. I'm thinking to buy a trio of anolis carolinensis or anolis sagrei

what do you think of this species?

grtz
dimitri J

#9 ·
Looks great :D but, I would definately suggest some vines for the upper portions of your vivaria and some variation. I think there are just to many of the same plant of the background and some new and interesting foliage would really make it look nice :mrgreen:

I think the purple plant is peperomia caperata

#11 ·
I really like the hoya species they have some really nice shapes to their leaves and have awesome little flowers. I would suggest starting the cuttings in the substrate and letting them grow up the background because I can see your dried out cuttings lol :wink: :D

#14 ·
Sorry for the confusion. I was suggesting to put a few hoya species into your tank and to start them in the substrate. I saw that your ficus pumilia cutting were dried up on the background which led to my suggestion of buying a few hoya species and starting them in your substrate.

Sorry for confusing you, Justin

#17 ·
because I want to add more fish to my tank I decided to make it all over again. So I took everything out of my tank and began to make an other island.

here are some pictures:

the mountain on the right will become a waterfall. The water first comes in the first waterpart, from that part it will go to the lower waterpart. This way I can keep 2 varieties of poecilia wingei without them breeding with eachother

grtz
dimitri J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.