Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Member's Frogs & Vivariums (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/)
-   -   Having trouble (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/28373-having-trouble.html)

blueauratus 04-15-2008 12:19 PM

Having trouble

I am having trouble.I have an all glass lid.It doesnt have any slots were I can put my fogger chord and light bulb chord.If I do put the chords in it makes the lid uneven and the flys escape.What should I do?

Roadrunner 04-15-2008 12:22 PM

Re: Having trouble

First off you shouldn`t have a light in the tank. second, i`d worry about the glass cutting the cord unless ground well. you may be able to file a notch in the glass and put the fogger cord in the corner slot of the tank top, made for filter or heater cords to go into the tank.

markpulawski 04-15-2008 01:06 PM

If the lid is that tight you don't need a fogger unless you are using for effect, just mist once daily and humidity will be fine. As Aaron said don't put a light in the tank.
mark

zBrinks 04-15-2008 02:50 PM

If there is a fogger cord going into the tank, it sounds like one of those submersible ones sold at pet stores, that can zap your frogs.

DaFrogMan 04-15-2008 02:59 PM

You could go to a good (locally owned - petco and petsmart don't have them) pet shop and buy a clear vinyl plastic back strip - the kind they have on hinged glass aquarium lids. Then have your glass (or another piece) cut to fit with the strip. You can easily cut or drill the vinyl strip, just be careful to make sure that the strip fits tightly.

meatslim 04-16-2008 03:14 AM

if your using single strength glass (1/8 inch thick), its not too hard to file a notch, ive done it with just sandpaper. it does make ur hand hurt by the end tho.

oldlady25715 04-16-2008 05:02 AM

A glass store can cut a corner off so the cords will fit.

tkromer 04-16-2008 01:21 PM

If it's not tempered or super thick (which lids rarely are) you can notch it with a metal file. You want a tight fit, so notch just about the right size for the cord and nothing more.