Dendroboard banner

New Viv

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  AlexD 
#1 ·
I built this over the last couple of weeks. I am really proud of it!

It has a Begonia cleopatra, Ludisia discolor, Ludisia discolor 'nigrescens', Goodyera schlectendaliana, Laelia sincoriana, Begonia 'Olympic', Pilea depressa, Pilea cadierei, Philodendron 'Red Empress', Neo. Fireball x Royal Burgundy, Pilea spurceana, Pilea artillery, Neo. Chiqueta Linda, Pilea carperata, and a Peperomia magnoliaefolia. It will be done when the Pleurothallis scolopax I bought on eBay comes in this week. It looks a little dense, but I like it!

See less See more
#8 ·
As I commented in the gallery, this setup will take allot of trimming. Many of the plants will grow quickly. But if your committed to trimming I think it looks great!
I would remove the Philo since it is a large grower and will take root and consume all the resources in the tank. There are smaller species that would do better, but none at all would do also.

#18 ·
The background actually came with the tank. It is made by "River Tank Systems". It is some kind of a plastic rock stuff. It required some.. err.. modification- there was a divider made of the same material as the background about where the wood sits now that went about half-way up the tank. A hammer fixed that problem.

I got the tank free from my school's aquaculture house. It was housing some ugly little SA cichlids I couldn't even identify. They made good food for a bigger SA cichlid :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.