Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 12:20 PM

Default deep water in vivs

ive been thinking of revamping my tinc viv and ive seen a few vivs with fairly deep pools with fish in etc. now ive always been led to believe that PDF's arent great swimmers and prone to drowning in deep water, is this true? if so how do people with this sort of setup prevent drownings?

ta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 12:46 PM

you should have an area where a dart can climb out if it was to find itself in the pool. The more areas the better. It's still a risk though.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:59 PM

ok cheers.

would a sort of beach affect be the safest option or would a few rocks/plants etc be fine?

ta

Old 08-12-2004, 02:08 PM

Anything. The important thing is that the frog can climb out of the water without effort.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:07 PM

I have about 6" of water in my D. leucomelas vivarium and frogs frequently fall in but swim super fast to either the shore or to the glass and climb out every time. Most of the time they just climb up the glass to get out. Gotta say they sure look cute swimming in the water.