View Poll Results: For this tank would you pick:
D. tinctorius - "Patricia" 3 12.00%
D. tinctorius - "Surinam Cobalt" 15 60.00%
D. tinctorius - "Powder Blue" 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 05:41 AM

Default My second tank complete

I would like to share a photo of my second tank. I put it together with leftovers from my first tank. This is a 20 high. The water comes down the crystal rock into a pool and down a stream. I hand picked all of the stones for the pool and stream from the border of my watergarden in my backyard so that I could get the colors and smoothness that I wanted. On top of the crystal rock is a flat rock with lots of room to move around on it and above that the pinkish rock sticks out and has room on it as well, although in the photo you can't really tell how far it sticks out. Next to that rock is a plant basket for a brom that I have yet to get. There is a nice "hiding room" behind the waterfall.
I used the moss from my yard. I have no idea what kind it is but I went with the one that had virtually no dirt on it, it came up nicely in sheets.
I still need to get some plants for it, a larger hut and I want to get a CF light stip for it. Once I got the CF lights for my other tanks it is just to hard to go back to a plain aquarium light. And of course frogs :!:
I have not decided what I want to get yet. I am thinking about getting
some D. tinctorius - "Surinam Cobalt" or D. tinctorius "Patricia" It is just to hard to decide.
Maybe you guys and gals can help me out. Which one would you pick and why. I know that it is said "5 gallons per frog" does this hold true for the larger frogs as well? Or would 4 be pushing it.
I would love to get some feedback on this and forgive me, I just had to make a "poll" :P
Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 09:49 AM

Thats looks great.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:43 AM

Tank looks great. Is the background all natural stone? A 20g tank is plenty for 3 tincs. It is probably not a good idea to have more than 3 in there, and only one female on top of that. The females will fight. So two males and a female would love it in there.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:16 PM

i had to vote for surinam cobolts as that is what i am getting here as soon as they get rid of their tails. the tank that i am constructing is going to have all plants and frogs from the same country (i drew the line at ordering rocks from south america). Very cool looking frogs.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:54 PM

Matt it is cork bark on the back.
Rhonda