Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2004, 07:35 PM

Default my first dart frog terrarium

this is my first dart frog tank, it is a 10 gal that i have set up for two auratus that i hope to buy in about a month or so. what are some suggestions that anyone may have.

here is a close up of the stream.

i am still considering more plants, so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated, and that moss is only temporarly until my order of java moss comes in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2004, 08:29 PM

for that limited space, I say it looks pretty good. Don't be too dissapointed when your tillandsias die. They do not take humidity very well and you may lose them....you may not though, so who knows...they are touch and go in the dart tanks. Also, you might want to add a small creeping ground cover that the frogs can hide in. Auratus are shy and like to hide, but ironically, they will show themselves more often if they know they can hide easily.

again, nice looking tank.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:49 PM

I would only say that the auratus would probably appreciate some more cover, but you do have those philos in the corners. They should grow some in a month or so. I like your water feature, its very nice.

Old 02-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default Re: my first dart frog terrarium

So far so good. You might want to remove the brom and put in a more leafy plant, but it looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbad121
this is my first dart frog tank, it is a 10 gal that i have set up for two auratus that i hope to buy in about a month or so. what are some suggestions that anyone may have.

here is a close up of the stream.

i am still considering more plants, so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated, and that moss is only temporarly until my order of java moss comes in.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:43 PM

Looks cool, have you had any problems with the stream yet? Every tank I ever tried a stream flowing into standing water I always had problems with. Do you have the little pond enclosed? I will agree with everyone else that the tank looks great, but the maintenance of the water might be a hassle. You will find yourself going through lots and lots of water. Good luck with the tank and the frogs.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:26 AM

since then, i have added more coverage and recieved my java moss. the water shouldn't be a problem, the school i go to has a water distiller, and i was told that i can use if i need to for fish or any other animals that we are allowed to have. so i won't have to spend lots of money on that. i will work on posting updated pics sometime. i don't think i will have too much trouble with the stream, i siliconed the rocks in place, and there haven't been any problems with it so far. thanks for all of the good advice.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:33 AM

Looking good! I think it looks great for a first setup. I don't think you'll have probs with the stream. I have one like that in my 10 gallon, and it's been running without problems for about 5 months now. I really like your N. ampullacea. I don't care what Kyle says about it. :evil: :lol: Don't hurt me, Kyle! :wink: