Dendroboard banner

Variation within auratus populations

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  kyle1745 
#1 ·
Was just reading Brent's post in Science and Conservation that hopefully clears up any 'morph' confusion people may have and thought I'd post a few shots of my Hawaiian auratus...
I think that a few of these would be considered different 'morphs' by import/export people, however, they were collected within the same area (free of geographical barriers).
I know the variation is not nearly as you see in pumilio 'bastimentos' but there haven't been many posts on variations within auratus populations.
I also have pics of teal/black, teal/brown, white/purple (purple=abnormal black), solid black but i can't seem to find them off hand...
~B

See less See more
#11 ·
Nice frogs, but if the last pair is yours FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEED THOSE THINGS!!!!!
I knew somebody was going to say that :)
I actually collected them that way in that condition. I took pictures the minute I captured them.
They are both very fat and have both laid many clutches since (that picture is almost a year old) :)

I meant to write that as a disclaimer when i posted it...sorry :)

~B

#12 ·
Ancient Hawaiian Frog Gods

Eh, some of those frogs look familiar... But, I like the 12th from the top, the mostly green one.

Not to confuse anyone but, Hawaiian Auratus are descendants of ancient Hawaiian frog gods called Poloka `o Manoa and Poloka `o Waiahole :D They are rumored to have built extravagant architectural wonders made out of rusted old cars, rubbish, delapidated old houses and such :D Just ask Ben, he has been to many sites of their magnificant work :D Nice pix Ben!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.