Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Member's Frogs & Vivariums
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Default first 40g vivarium project

hey, whats up guys my name is Kush. nice to meet you guys. anyways im starting on a 40 gallon (pix coming soon) but i havent start on it yet i just got most of all the equipment down. im still waiting for my ancient driftwood to be ship to me. and other thing etc... hey i might need some advance help.

TANK/EQUIPMENT
*40gallon (false bottom style)
*5gallon custom made wetdry filter
*PUMP - MINI-JET 404 Adjustable MULTIx2
*egg crate - FINALLY went to homedepot and went directly to light section and found it myself.
*1/2 inch PVC connectors
*silicone II brown x2
*great stuff x2 (red yellow can)
*black mesh screening for eggcrate
*misting system - (pending)
*Temp/Humidity Data logger (pending)
*fogger system (pending)
-lights

Substrate/Landscaping
*Jungle Mix, Forest Floor,coco bedding, moss

Background
*Virgin CORK BARK
*COCO PANELS
*MOSS
*SPECIAL TYLE OF ROCK
*Driftwood ancient Mora gnarled drift wood

thats all the things i have right now and im still waiting for some things to be ship to me so i can finally work on my project, i must say i have save alot of money cause most of these things are i have already so thats a PLUS. i honestly spent the most just 23.21 cent at homedepot for some materials. so if theres any thing i need you guys would be alot of help to me. and i would be enjoying this fantasic project. thank you. when i start workin on it there would be pix step by step. i really hope it comes out the way i want it to =D
[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2006, 06:44 PM

Lights and top?

The Red can of GS expands alot, so use it judicially. You're going to need way more silicone than you have to cover the background. For the price of silicone, I'll seriously check out the Parts forum for the flevapol/concrete binder methods of doing backgrounds. There has been alot of activity on the topic. I did my first one last night and it's sooooo much easier than using silicone it's not even funny, and it's very inexpensive.

"This hobby is about 10% what you know, and 90% experimentation." - Lon Heim (DartMan)