Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kyle1745

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 09:01 PM

Default pic of planted 15H

This is my 15H that has been up and running for almost 2 months now. The broms are staying red, the tillandsia is doing great and even shooting out 2 purple spikes. One of the broms has fully rooted into the cork. I plan on putting a group of 4 vents in here. Think they will be happy?

[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Default Re: pic of planted 15H

Very nice, may have wanted to post the smaller version, but very nice tank.
nate_88 likes this.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Re: pic of planted 15H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1745
may have wanted to post the smaller version, .
The pic in the post is actually the original size and the host site(the one you saw) was apparently resized by the host. I agree that it is a bit too big though. Thanks again for the help.

Old 02-23-2004, 12:19 AM

i think some vents would be very happy in that nice tank.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:13 AM

Default broms

What kind of brom's is the furthest one to the bottom on the left? there's also another one in the middle on the right-- I went to Home depot today, and they had some of those, but they were HUUUUGE! I really like those, but couldn't buy the one there, it was waaaay too big.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:47 AM

Matt,

I think I've said this before, but NICE TANK. I do have some questions regarding your use of the Oxalis. What variety is it (triangularis?)? Where did you get it (T&C?). How is it currently performing?

I like the plant, and I hope it does well for you. I'll post some updates on my "vent tank" soon, I promise. I just bought some more orchids for my terraria, so we'll see how it goes. My wife bought me a gift certificate to the local orchid greenhouse, http://www.hoosierorchids.com, where I spent the better part of the afternoon today.

Anyway, I came home with a few orchids and a list longer than my arm of orchids that I want. :roll: I'm pathetic. :x
Old 02-29-2004, 01:30 PM

What are those clovers in the top right? did they just start gworing or what?
Old 02-29-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: broms

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivehawk
What kind of brom's is the furthest one to the bottom on the left? there's also another one in the middle on the right-- I went to Home depot today, and they had some of those, but they were HUUUUGE! I really like those, but couldn't buy the one there, it was waaaay too big.
The broms on the bottom are Neo pauciflora. Ken has them at peaceofthetropics. I like them a lot. They have a really nice silverbanding on the leaves and a huge funnel for water.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Matt,

I think I've said this before, but NICE TANK. I do have some questions regarding your use of the Oxalis. What variety is it (triangularis?)? Where did you get it (T&C?). How is it currently performing?

I like the plant, and I hope it does well for you. I'll post some updates on my "vent tank" soon, I promise. I just bought some more orchids for my terraria, so we'll see how it goes. My wife bought me a gift certificate to the local orchid greenhouse, http://www.hoosierorchids.com, where I spent the better part of the afternoon today.

Anyway, I came home with a few orchids and a list longer than my arm of orchids that I want. :roll: I'm pathetic. :x
LOL. I hope you get every orchid you want. The oxalis is indeed a triangularis. It has exploded inside the tank. When I received it, there were about 5 shoots, the tallest being 4 inches. Now there are 8 shoots, the tallest being almost 10 inches. It has grown higher than my lowest brom!!

I really like the plant in there. I bought the other oxalis "fire fern" for the 29 I am putting together. I also bought a a silver dollar fern(Adiantum peruvianum??) It gets about 3 feet high but I can keep it pruned back...I first saw one at the ABG last year...awesome fern.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
What are those clovers in the top right? did they just start gworing or what?
They are not actually clover, but the common name is "shamrock" They are Oxalis triangularis, and I bought it at T&C terrariums. Very nice plant with great color.