Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > The Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2005, 03:26 AM

Default crested gecko help!

i also posted this in a gecko forum but i wanted everyones opinion here as well. i've just recently had my first babies. 3 clutches so far. 5 total geckos (1 bad egg) i've been housing the babies together in a sterilite container 14x10x8 w/ plenty of fake plants for climbing area and hiding. the first clutch babies are about twice the size of the latest clutch. yesterday i found one of the smallest babies dead. i figured it could be from sanitary reasons so i cleaned and re-did the entire set-up for them. then today i found its clutchmate tailess and dead. now i'm assuming it is the larger siblings killing the hatchlings. due to the tail missing i would assume a fight. i've now seperated them and keep only clutchmates together. do you guys think this is what is happening? will a 3 month old kill or pick on till it dies a one month old?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2005, 03:36 AM
TWI/ASN

If there is a considerable size difference (and I would expect one between 1 and 3 months old if growing properly) - then they will definitely fight. What are you feeding - live prey of babyfood/powder diet? Also, I know some people have had problems raising babies in Sterilites if there isn't adequate ventilation.