Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > The Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2004, 03:20 PM

Default Dart, the blue dart frog (beanie baby)

I used to collect beanie babies. I had the original PATTY the PLATYPUS, but I cut the TAG OFF! It was originally worth $500! Flash the dolphin, I made the same mistake, and now its worth over $100! My Lucky the Ladybug lost all its spots, now its probably worth zip.

I like to collect the fish and frog beanies. I have the original, and I mean original beanie babies frogs. The first version of Legs, Freddy, and Smoochie. For all you overly analytical anuran lovers, Legs is really a green X. laevis (african clawed frog), and not a bullfrog! Smoochie the treefrog is an Australian graceful treefrog, Litoria racilenta. Freddy the frog is a bullfrog, and that one is pretty obvious. (or is he Rana clamitans?, green frog?)

However, I am not a big fan of the newest beanies. I think they're pretty ugly. The new Red eyed treefrog (I forget his name) is ok though, but I was a bit disappointed cuz it looked like Smoochie with just longer legs.
Well, at least Prince the bufo toad looks like a real toad, which is ok I guess. But when I saw this azureus beanie baby, I smacked my hand towards my forehead. It was made four years ago, and I remember once seeing it in a hallmark store. It looks pretty messed up, in my opinion. I was expecting to see a more realistic, cute dart frog (yes, I think darts are just adorable, especially tricolor). Instead, it has pretty evil looking, cat like eyes and a big, frowning mouth. It only vaguely looks like azureus, as its molted with other colors. I still like TY, and I think there are still some pretty cool new ones. By the way, anybody have Jester the Clownfish? Haven't seen him for a while.

"In the rainforest you will find A special frog that's one of a kind His bright blue color warns a stranger That his poison could be danger."