Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Who lives in Colorado?

My wife went to CO a few months ago and now she's hooked on moving there within the next year or two. We hate it here in VA Beach and want to move so bad. Can anyone who lives there shed some info on where are good places to move. Her sister lives in Colorado Springs and local people advised her not to move to Denver although that's where alot of jobs are. She though Pueblo was awful so that area is off the list.

I have some neighbors who lived in CO and they suggested Greeley (sp?) or any of the smaller towns outside Denver. WE did some searching on homes and found some beautiful new contruction homes in CO springs for around 150,000 for 2600sf with gorgeous views of the mountains. You cant get crappy townhouses here in Va Beach for under 300,000!

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Who lives in Colorado?

Colorado is nice.... i live in Buffalo Wyoming which is like 7 hours from Denver.... I'm not much of a city boy so denver isn't anything special to me... But colorado is rad.... All i can say is if i didn't have the mountains i would go crazy lol.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:46 PM

I live in CO, but on the other side of the mountains in Western Slope area. Greeley isn't a great place. Smells bad lol. CO Springs is nice, have an uncle that lives there. If you're looking at areas outside of Denver look at Broomfield. Its very nice, and my mechanic is there so I'm over there from time to time. And Broomfield is a short drive to denver-so easy to get to job if you're job is in city.

CO is nice, if you like mountains and views. And dont mind the winters lol. Winter on that side of the state is a little more severe than on my side of the state.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Colorado Springs is a military town with a very large religious contingency. If that's ok with you, it would be a great town. Pueblo is a dump. Don't move there. Denver is ok, but you have to find the pockets of neighborhoods that are entertaining and neighborhoody. As with any "big city", there are some sketchy areas. Fort Collins is a great town. It consistently ranks among the most liveable cities in the US. Greeley isn't so great. It's a farming community, and there is a large migrant population. Unfortunately, the low wages are leading to more crime and gangs there. Stay away from Aurora. It just plain sucks. Broomfield can be nice if you live in the right area.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:05 AM
TWI/ASN

Thanks. I'm ok with military, we have the Navy/Army here and they are ok. Listening to the jets constantly fly over your house sucks though but we're used to it. I heard Ft. Collins was a good city but was more of a huge shopping center, LOL.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 AM

Ive lived in Arvada, dont go there. I lived in CO springs and littleton as well. They are not all that bad. If I had to pick and move back it would be just outside of Boulder or sittung below Pikes peak. Great scenery there.

Michael
Old 09-04-2010, 04:01 AM
TWI/ASN

Yeah, my wife loved Pikes Peak and garden of the gods. I just want a decent school system and neighborhood. Something quiet where we can have a nce view without being in the city.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM

I'm originally from NY but now live in Fort Collins. It is a great place. Denver is hectic and has similar problems of big cities back east. Colorado Springs leans way too far right for my family. Only problem with Fort Collins is that jobs are scarce and a commute to Denver is just not fun. But the quality of life here is great. Very affordable, great people, close to the mountains, great biking (even for us who just poke around town) and the Napa valley of beer with over 4 microbreweries and Budweiser up the road. There are no shady parts of town here either, it was hard for me to believe.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:35 AM

I see someone mentioned Broomfield, CO, I live there. Love it. Nice people, very family friendly, lots of open spaces and parks, most of the homes and shopping are pretty new. Easy access to Boulder and Denver.