Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > The Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 05:23 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Funny wife/girlfriend frog stories...

Let's hear 'em. I just flew in from vacation last night, and when I looked through my mail, I saw my chytrid kit. My girlfriend leaned over my shoulder, looked at the envelope, and said, "Who is Tre Walkers?"
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Funny wife/girlfriend frog stories...

My wife is always telling people I raise polliwogs in the basement.
Polliwogs

It is a good ice breakers with people I don't know
Old 08-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member

This past weekend at the reptile show I picked up a couple gerbils. Out of everything in the animals room , the thousands of dollars worth of exotics, the GF contantly comes in to see what the gerbils are up to . . . Or Ill be in here and she come in and ask how they are doing or what they are up to. $2 gerbils get more attention then frogs that are worth 100 gerbils LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 03:00 AM

Recently my BOYFRIEND had to go pick up a package of tadpoles while I was at work. After they lost my package, I was ready to leave work to go to the post office but he fixed everything and got the tads home safe and sound. I was fuming! But he stayed calm and took care of business.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 AM
TWI/ASN

My husband's only fleeting interest in my frogs lasted for about a week, and it was when I had two imi sisters wrestling over a male.
He enjoyed the frog-jitsu while it lasted---it appeals to his own martial arts interest.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:44 AM

My wife called me late one night while I was traveling for a board meeting and said, in a hushed voice, "there are two huge bugs in the blue frog tank, looking at the frog, what should I do, they are staring each other down". Let's just say that informing her that there were roaches that live in the tank was easier than explaining to her why I had roaches at all. good times.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 AM
TWI/ASN

When I first got my Red Eyed Tree Frogs, my boyfriend was in the room, watching them, when suddenly he freaked out and screamed, "Hey Jade, there's something wrong with your frogs!!! They're trying to pull this slime stuff off of themselves, and they're CHOKING on it!!!"
I just had to laugh! Then assured him they were just shedding.
Lol, he was amazed that frogs actually shed, like reptiles do. He's a tarantula dude, though.
However, since I started getting PDFs, he's starting to really get into them too. He loves them, and he can't wait for us to get our next frogs! I'm very lucky that he is just as interested in this stuff as I am - it's nice that we share that passion. It would suck if he couldn't care less about my frogs, or worse, if he hated them!
2.3.4.6 Crested Geckos
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 AM

I have left the hubby at home while I'm visiting family in San Diego. And picking up my first dart frogs to be smuggled back on the return flight. I have 8 ff cultures in varying stages of developmet (I started 2 cultures per week 2 months ago so that the new frogs will have food) sitting on the dining room table. And before you say what were? we don't use that room much less that table so that's where I grow my bugs. We eat at the berakfast nook table, we're a family of 3, it works.
I txt'd him tonight to see how my plants and bugs were doing. The bugs he didn't actually need to do anything to because I made this week's cultures before I left. Today he let me know that there are fruit flies all over the table. 2 months I've been doing the same thing and have never had 1 ff escape. I have no idea where in the hell they are coming from. Good news is he's on shift right now and 12 hour shifts blow his evergy so badly he doesn't even care. I suspect by the time I get back on Thursday I'm going to catch some sh*t. As long as I still have live cultures when I get home I don't even care. It's not like he's going to leave me over bugs, he's a guy. I think he ate more bugs as a kid than I can let lose with those cultures.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
TWI/ASN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
I have left the hubby at home while I'm visiting family in San Diego. And picking up my first dart frogs to be smuggled back on the return flight. I have 8 ff cultures in varying stages of developmet (I started 2 cultures per week 2 months ago so that the new frogs will have food) sitting on the dining room table. And before you say what were? we don't use that room much less that table so that's where I grow my bugs. We eat at the berakfast nook table, we're a family of 3, it works.
I txt'd him tonight to see how my plants and bugs were doing. The bugs he didn't actually need to do anything to because I made this week's cultures before I left. Today he let me know that there are fruit flies all over the table. 2 months I've been doing the same thing and have never had 1 ff escape. I have no idea where in the hell they are coming from. Good news is he's on shift right now and 12 hour shifts blow his evergy so badly he doesn't even care. I suspect by the time I get back on Thursday I'm going to catch some sh*t. As long as I still have live cultures when I get home I don't even care. It's not like he's going to leave me over bugs, he's a guy. I think he ate more bugs as a kid than I can let lose with those cultures.
Probably he didn't close the lid completely.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM

He didn't touch them, they were taken care of before I left so he didn'y have to. There are no frogs for him to feed there. Seriuosly, I've cutured for months without this problem!