Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > The Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2019, 08:02 PM

Default Normal for new crestie to be lethargic?

After months of preparation and setup of my bioactive vivarium, I finally picked out a sub-adult (6.1g) crested gecko at the local reptile show. The one I picked out was one of the livelier ones I saw at the show. Its been 4 days since I brought it home, and so far its been pretty much glued to the same one or 2 spots in the vivarium, and not moving much. The 1st couple days, I took it out of the enclosure for an hour or two, and it would move around when I touched it, but otherwise pretty much just sat very still. I hand fed it some Pangea and it ate a bit, but does not appear to have eaten any when in its enclosure.

I'm guessing this is normal adjustment behaviour? I've stopped handling it since the 1st couple days, I figure I should give it time to adjust and not stress it out. I'm a bit concerned that it may not eat enough, especially given that its difficult to tell if it has eaten or not.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Crestieguy; 10-16-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 08:13 PM

Not normal. Sitting in the same spot every day is normal but being reluctant to move when taken out is not. You may not see food missing as the stomach is small though. Try some crickets. Movement will initiate a feeding response. Created geckos will get lethargic when too dry. Try giving a good spray twice a day for a bit. When mixing meal powders make them more watery.