Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By baskis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 06:12 AM

Default Surprise Inspections...frogs

Anyone else freak out when your landlord gives the 24 hour notice to inspect your apartment?

It's okay now - made a plan, followed it. Frogs are now in hiding...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2018, 01:56 PM

Your landlord doesnt allow animals in tanks that never come out? I never had issues with pets in tanks, only things that can mess up carpet. I would think the ff cultures may bother but frogs in tank, thats obsessive
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Mod

Default Re: Surprise Inspections...frogs

In my experience, property management companies are far less concerned about vivariums and frogs, than they are with large fish tanks and reptiles. Your results may vary...

Old 03-06-2018, 01:45 AM

Yeah, my previous landlord was alright with my ridiculous array of setups (to my surprise).

This time, however, I as too afraid risk it. I think on their restrictions they have listed at most a 10 gallon tank. An so, I was a bit paranoid of getting on their bad side at this time of the year.

It was actually pretty simple to move my vivariums (mostly 10gals and sterilite tubs) into a closet, and drain the aquariums and move them likewise. I did keep one setup out in the open though.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:03 AM

Reminds me of my time in the dorm with my little 10 gallon imitator set-up. The RA had agreed to let me keep it in my room as long as none of the head RA's found out, as frogs weren't "technically" allowed in the dorm. It really wasn't a problem most of the time, except for the breaks. When I had a break longer than a few days and had to bring the tank with me to avoid inspections, I would wrap it in a blanket and carry it the 3/4 mile or so to my car. It's funny how much heavier the tank got as the false bottom filled with water. That thing was freaking HEAVY before I finally siphoned it out.

One time I left the blanket and just tried to sneak it out. The way out to my car went smoothly, but on my return the elevator got to floor 6 and I stepped out to see the hallway swarmed with Head RA's. I just sort of slid back into the elevator and visited a few floors trying to wait them out. After a few trips I just gave up and got out on my floor. Of course they wanted to know what in the world was in the tank so I told them the only thing it had in it were the plants. Which was technically true as the frogs were packed up in my bag.
Josh B.A. and Woodswalker like this.