Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > The Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2016, 03:30 AM

Lightbulb An offer to High School/College Bio-Teachers

I'm not sure where exactly to post this so I will start here and move it as indicated. I made this offer once before but did not seem to get any indication of interest but...

I have several groups of juvenile to sub adult P. vittatus as well as the original parent pair and a quad group that is breeding.

The parents are producing both a dark red and golden yellow striped variety.

I would like to offer these to a class room environment, free of charge. Help with the shipping charges would be nice but I am not looking to receive any compensation as long as they are not going to a dissection table or someone posing as a teacher to get free frogs.

These are fascinating frogs and have several different calls made by the male depending on circumstances ie. breeding, threatened and I have even noticed that the parent male will attempt to copy the call of my banded Leuc's when they are both calling their female tank mate.

They are very hardy and I believe would make excellent display and research animals in a classroom environment, breed readily and the male is exception at carrying tadpoles.

Please note that my account has had several different problems, so sending a PM may or may not be blocked. I have been trying to get this addressed but if you can not get a message to me in private then please post a response here and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

If you are a private individual interested in purchasing, I will discuss this as well with you but I would like to see these frogs helping to encourage students into our hobby and perhaps even the scientific side of these amazing amphibians.

Thanks,
Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 08:23 PM

Default Re: An offer to High School/College Bio-Teachers

Hello Charlie!
A friend of mine directed me towards this board and your post.
I am a teacher at one of the nations largest military academies. I currently teacher earth/environmental science, zoology, oceanography, and physics. I have raised many herpetological animals. I currently have a Colombian boa, a southern toad, common snapping turtle, and a leopard gecko; as well as a guinea pig, a fancy mouse, and a Syrian dwarf hamster in my classroom. If you are truly willing to donate them, I would be happy to give them a good home. My students would be extremely excited about the new addition. This will be my very first time raising dart frogs, so any information, such as tank specs, misting systems, feeding, and so on would be truly appreciated. My local friend has raised them before as well, so he will be helping me set up a good environment for them. Let me know if you need any other info.

-Derek