Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > The Lounge
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2016, 04:05 PM

Default Tropiflora Website Feedback

Hello everyone. I made a little post about this on Facebook but thought I might also make one here. As some of you may know, I work at Tropiflora and we recently launched our new website. We are looking for some feedback on the site and I was hoping the Dendroboard community could help out.

What we are looking for is constructive criticism on the site itself and its functions. I'm not looking for stuff like, "Why don't you have XYZ plants" or "Why is the shipping X amount of dollars". I'm looking for feedback specifically about the website.

Please be as honest as possible. Don't sugar coat b/c in reality, that doesn't help. We won't be offended by any comments, we are looking for truthful feedback so that we can make our website as enjoyable as possible for our customers. If you have experience in web development or related areas, please say so.

Thank you in advance.

www.tropiflora.com
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Tropiflora Website Feedback

Hi Antone,

I only have a few minutes, so I can't give a lot of detail right now. Here's my short take.

What I like:
The aesthetic is nice. I like the greenhouse photos on the front page, and the overall look of the pages I visited. I like that you can search for plants alphabetically, by price, or by how recently they have become available, etc. It seems easy to navigate. The plant listings have a decent description, and they have pictures. That seems like an obvious thing to do, but some vendors are very lazy about posting pictures of their specimens. All your contact information is highly visible.

What needs work:
From my iPad, the whole site gets cut off along the left of the screen, so that the, "T," in, "Tropiflora," is mostly missing, along with everything else in that visual column. The home page takes a long time to load, especially compared to your other pages. One of the buttons looks a little out of place on the Shop page, just below, "Show in Stock Only."

There are a few other details, but these are the most salient ones, and I have to get going. It looks nice, and I'm really curious to take a closer look at your plants!
Old 02-14-2016, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Tropiflora Website Feedback

Thanks for your input.