Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bsr8129

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 03:34 PM

Default Disaster help needed!!!

I really hate having to get on here and ask for help, but i thought fellow froggers would understand. I live in an apartment complex and my oven doesnt work. my neighbor was nice enough to let me use his oven to disinfect some wood for a tank im building thats going inside a business. i had the oven on 200 degrees, we walked to my place so i could get some stuff for my kids to play with over there and we were talking for a few minutes, well then my doorbell rings our other neighbor saying his house was on fire smoke was pouring out. it took 15 minutes for the wood to catch fire something was wrong with his oven. anyway we are doing the work ourselves his entire place is smoke damaged and he needs a new oven, carpets cleaned, walls primed and painted. if any of you are able to please help me i feel so bad that i set his house on fire im trying to make things right by buying what i can but i have 2 little kids and my wife is the only one working at the moment, even if its just a couple dollars it would help tremendously. thank you in advance.
money can be sent to my email and it will go to my paypal account
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2015, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Disaster help needed!!!

if the wood caught fire in the oven why is there so much damage? most would have been contained inside the oven. What type of wood was it?
Woodswalker likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsr8129 View Post
if the wood caught fire in the oven why is there so much damage? most would have been contained inside the oven. What type of wood was it?
yes the fire was contained to the oven but the smoke damaged his whole house. the walls smell like campfire, the carpets, all the smoke went upstairs and settled on everything. and it was ghostwood i was disinfecting

Old 09-29-2015, 04:39 PM

Was the oven pre-heated? If the oven was still heating or went on a heat cycle the flame (gas oven) or element (electric) could easily ignite the wood.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 PM

If he walked with you and left wood cooking in his hot oven, then it's just as much his fault as it is yours. Who would leave their house with wood in an oven?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoon View Post
If he walked with you and left wood cooking in his hot oven, then it's just as much his fault as it is yours. Who would leave their house with wood in an oven?
Agreed its both our faults and the ovens fault, but all he did was talk to me and follow me and my kids to my apartment which is maybe 50 feet away. I was just grabbing them some things and we were going right back. It happened that fast 10-15 minutes the oven just went from 0 to 500 degrees I had it set on 200. I just feel really bad I've never set anyone'shouse on fire and we're broke. I wouldn't be on here asking for help if we didn't really need it. Even the firefighters looked at me stupid cause I told them I was disinfecting wood and all the neighbors. Everyone on here knows what I was doing it was just a freak aaccident. And it would of happened sooner or later but glad it happened when it did there is elderly people in this building and a bunch of kids im glad no one for hurt
Old 09-29-2015, 09:28 PM

If the oven suddenly shot up to 500 degrees when it was set for 200, that's an oven malfunction, and should be covered by insurance. If not, the responsibility lies with the oven's manufacturer. If the neighbor is a renter, I hope they have renter's insurance. If you both share a landlord, and your ovens were of the same model, it certainly helps bolster your case for making a claim, especially given that your own oven is broken.