Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aldross

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 03:51 PM

Default Options on options!

As some of you know im still in my senior year of high school. Im also committed to Stonybrook University to play lacrosse. Though, I have been given the opportunity to play at the United States Merchant Marine Academy if I raise my SAT score by TEN POINTS, which is practically nothing.

The best part about this is that the USMMA is free, so if i end up going there my parents have decided to reward my decision with a new car and a trip for me and my dad to anywhere i want for all of february break, which is 14 days.

Like many of us, our childhood obsession and dream has been to travel to the most bio-diverse, dense, and reptile/amphibian filled jungle we could think of, so that's basically what im looking at. I would most likely like to travel to Costa Rica, though other Central American countries such as Nicaragua or Panama are not ruled out.

All I am really looking for is an amazing adventure with never ending fun That being said, does anyone have any recommendations to where we could achieve this? Certain areas of these countries would be great, along with personal experiences and your own recommendations. I look forward to your responses!

Nick
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Options on options!

don't pick on the freshman!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 PM
TWI/ASN

I would vote Costa Rica just due to fact they are more built up for tourism. Are you looking to do guided trips into the jungle or just kinda view it from where you would be staying.
Friggy_frogger likes this.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggy_frogger View Post
don't pick on the freshman!
That's why we have freshman Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldross View Post
I would vote Costa Rica just due to fact they are more built up for tourism. Are you looking to do guided trips into the jungle or just kinda view it from where you would be staying.
Yes I forgot to add in the whole part about ecotourism in Costa Rica. I would really like to practically be in the jungle, because there will most likely be tours I could go on through the hotel if it is so close to the jungle.

Last year we were going to stay at a hotel called Los lagos, it had many animal farms including a frog farm and was very close to the jungle and a volcano. Here's a link to the website: https://www.hotelloslagos.com/en-act...din-ranas.html

Keep the responses coming!