Dendroboard banner

Help sexing my Frogs

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  wayne scott 
#1 ·
I was hoping to get my expert opinions on my frogs. First are my Green and Blacks they are a little over a year

Frog 1

Frog 2

Both of them together

Now for my Cobalts they just turned a year old

Frog 1

Frog 2

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the help tclipse. when do you think I should separate the females?

Most people say the frogs have to been over a year old to be able to sex them my frogs are just over a year so I figured I would post them to see if anyone could tell yet

#10 ·
Hi Wayne,

If you have raised the two female cobalts together, you probably won't see too much stress until you try to add a male to the group. The best thing to do would be to try to make a trade for a male with someone here, then you'll be set.

Good luck with them, Richard.

#7 · (Edited)
I'm no expert, but with my costa rican auratus the females are noticeably larger than the males (fatter and a little longer). Toe pads on the males are larger but the difference is not that noticeable. I would guess auratus #1 is male, and #2 is also male. Try playing some auratus calls too see how they react.

#12 ·
I have raised them together so it is nice to know that they won't stress each other out, that's why I was wondering if I should split them.

I do have a local show coming up this weekend I'll see if I can make a trade with someone there. But if I can't if anyone is with in driving distance I'll make a trade for a male. Would ship the the temp. Here is starting to drop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.