Small funnel webs on cork - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Identification Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By fishingguy12345
  • 1 Post By Kmc
  • 1 Post By NICKP
  • 1 Post By varanoid
  • 1 Post By Pumilo

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 26
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Small funnel webs on cork

Hi there, Just curious to see if anyone knows what might be behind these little web like structures that keep popping up on my cork bark... I have not seen any spiders though I have seen a few mites crawling on the ghostwood pieces. I donít think they are spider mites though because none have been on any of the plants at all. Could it be fungus? Pic is a little blurry....



Viv progress pics https://imgur.com/gallery/Ek0Crvt
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2020, 05:28 PM
fishingguy12345's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 881
Thanks: 70
Thanked 56 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Small funnel webs on cork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKP View Post
Hi there, Just curious to see if anyone knows what might be behind these little web like structures that keep popping up on my cork bark... I have not seen any spiders though I have seen a few mites crawling on the ghostwood pieces. I donít think they are spider mites though because none have been on any of the plants at all. Could it be fungus? Pic is a little blurry....



Viv progress pics https://imgur.com/gallery/Ek0Crvt
Looks like a spider web to me.

I must say, I still love the look of this terrarium!
NICKP likes this.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fishingguy12345 For This Useful Post:
NICKP (06-06-2020)
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2020, 06:57 PM
Kmc Kmc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 582
Thanks: 57
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Small funnel webs on cork

Donr be afraid, it is a spider web, spiders know whats good, relax.
NICKP likes this.
__________________
I wouldn't trade my tiny toads
for as many diamonds
because I couldn't.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kmc For This Useful Post:
NICKP (06-06-2020)
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2020, 08:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 26
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Small funnel webs on cork

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingguy12345 View Post
Looks like a spider web to me.

I must say, I still love the look of this terrarium!

I will leave them alone then, maybe they will take care of some of the gnats. Appreciate the compliment on the viv. The plants are starting to grow a lot faster now (all but one of the ferns). Trying to train one of the Peperomias over into the big bald spot on the top/back to hopefully fill that section in. I think Iím becoming more interested in plants now than finding a future occupant...


Viv progress pics https://imgur.com/gallery/Ek0Crvt
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2020, 08:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 26
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Small funnel webs on cork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmc View Post
Donr be afraid, it is a spider web, spiders know whats good, relax.

Thanks lol. Iím a helicopter parent.


Viv progress pics https://imgur.com/gallery/Ek0Crvt
fishingguy12345 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 03:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 1,867
Thanks: 103
Thanked 84 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Small funnel webs on cork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKP View Post
I think Iím becoming more interested in plants now than finding a future occupant...
There are many amazing aspects of this hobby. I have been right where you are right now my friend.
NICKP likes this.
__________________
Michael
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 06:31 AM
Pumilo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 10,376
Thanks: 841
Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,343 Posts
Default Re: Small funnel webs on cork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKP View Post
Thanks lol. Iím a helicopter parent.


Viv progress pics https://imgur.com/gallery/Ek0Crvt
If you get a spider as big as your frog, you start that helicopter right up.
NICKP likes this.
__________________
Doug aka Pumilo
The second "i" is silent. It's so silent it's not even there!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.