Guys I need to know what are these. - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Identification Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Philsuma

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Guys I need to know what are these.

Im new to this dart frog hobby and currently have no frogs for now. Im currently letting my viv to be aclimated to the new environment given. As for now my springtails and isopods are breeding like crazy in the viv and plants are healthy and growing. This is actually the first time ive ever created a Bioactive Setup.ill post some images
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Guys I need to know what are these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inorijlc View Post
Im new to this dart frog hobby and currently have no frogs for now. Im currently letting my viv to be aclimated to the new environment given. As for now my springtails and isopods are breeding like crazy in the viv and plants are healthy and growing. This is actually the first time ive ever created a Bioactive Setup.ill post some images
Here is what i need identifying for.. my friend says its mites but they dont move. they are more like egg sacks? i dont know really.. can anyone help me identify what are these?


Last edited by Inorijlc; 01-21-2020 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Image Failed
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:21 PM
Philsuma's Avatar
TWI/ASN
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 6,414
Thanks: 386
Thanked 297 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Guys I need to know what are these.

mites always move...always.

98% of every worm and bump and snail and 'pede is ok. You will not have to tear any tank down or god forbid try something stupid like dry ice /CO2 'bomb'.

Relax

no biggie whatever it is.

Nothing viv-pest wise 'kills' your frogs.

I have a HUGE asian centipede -at least 5 inches body length for years in my Lita tank. and they pop out froglets. Now I DO remove the froglets when I see them.
Kmc and Inorijlc like this.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a bannana
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Kmc Kmc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 818
Thanks: 75
Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Guys I need to know what are these.

Yeah they look like some small gastropod sp eggs with some of further development, if you dont wish to have this next generational group you could scrape them or cut the plane with them off.

Them do a little survey of other similar structure sites, IE undersides of leaves etc, like an organic gardener would.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Guys I need to know what are these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philsuma View Post
mites always move...always.

98% of every worm and bump and snail and 'pede is ok. You will not have to tear any tank down or god forbid try something stupid like dry ice /CO2 'bomb'.

Relax

no biggie whatever it is.

Nothing viv-pest wise 'kills' your frogs.

I have a HUGE asian centipede -at least 5 inches body length for years in my Lita tank. and they pop out froglets. Now I DO remove the froglets when I see them.
i see!! so it should be safe then.. one of my friend says millipedes should be remove as they are poisonous to frogs.. but when im reading some threads in this forum. they say that they are harmless and also play the role as a clean up crew too.. same as the shrooms that grows..and yeah finally found one snail in my viv..

also here's a sample pic on the millipede i have, should i be worried?:
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Guys I need to know what are these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmc View Post
Yeah they look like some small gastropod sp eggs with some of further development, if you dont wish to have this next generational group you could scrape them or cut the plane with them off.

Them do a little survey of other similar structure sites, IE undersides of leaves etc, like an organic gardener would.
I believe they're harmless right?as what ive heard.. they do chomp on plants as what ive read.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Philsuma's Avatar
TWI/ASN
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 6,414
Thanks: 386
Thanked 297 Times in 200 Posts
Default

Scrape or wipe them off. No worries. Zero
__________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a bannana
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.