Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > General Health & Disease Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 12:54 AM

Default strange bumps on frogs' snout?

I was sorting through froglets yesterday to see who was old enough to sell, and I noticed a Brazilian cobalt froglet with a strange shaped snout. Upon closer inspection, I found something that looked kind of like a blister. I didn't think much of it and assumed it was probably an injury. Then I found an inferalanis froglet with the same thing, but much worse. It's snout was all bumpy, 3-4 separate bumps all at the end of it's nose. I picked this one up and touched the bumps and they were not hard, just seemed fluid-filled. This second frog got me worried, because I've never seen this kind of thing before and now I find it on two separate frogs in separte enclosures who have never been together. Does anyone know what it is? Is it an injury or something that could spread?