Dendroboard banner

interesting new product for worms

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ed 
#1 ·
#3 ·
from http://www.dendroworld.co.uk/FAQ/disease.html

Levacol: (aka Levasimole / Levasimol) is effective against internal worms. Isolate on the frog on a substrate of clean damp paper towels. Gently restrain the frog with a damp tissue and carefully place a drop of the medication on the skin of the back, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Change the paper towels every day and repeat the treatment after 7-10 days.

I would be very careful with levamisol as it has been documented to have varying levels of toxicity to amphibians (and in my experience including the same animal in later treatments) and has caused deaths in treated amphibians. (see Amphibian Medicine and Captive Husbandry for the references)

Ed

#6 ·
While it can occur, it is hard to overdose an animal with Panacure (in fact for a long time, it was believed to be nearly impossible to od an animal on it) but some overzealous treatment regimens have shown that to not be the case.

In both my experience and in the literature, it is not hard to overdose on Levamisol and an od will kill the amphibian.
Its use needs to be carefully monitored and used with caution.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.