Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 AM

Default DFA meetings for Froggers? Dart Frogs Anonomous....

Hi, my name is Chris. It has been 2 days since my last dart frog purchase.......It all started one winter with 4 little blue guys.......

I feel like I am addicted to Dart Frogs and I can't stop buying! I have a list of about 20 frogs I would like to eventually own, but everytime I find one on my list that I feel is a deal, I can't resist! I went to the All Animal Expo this past Sunday with intentions of just buying some moss and some Broms. I walked out with 5 Orange Leucs. Leucs were on my list, Dark Orange! How cool is that! Pete gave me a price break and knocked the price down $5 per frog. How could I say no? Oh, by the way, my 8 Citronellas arrived today also......

My dining room has become a Frog room with 16 tanks, and I got a deal on some 20 talls at $26 apiece, and figured I should buy some and get them set-up for when my froglets start pairing off and other frogs I want to buy, so I bought 21 more tanks! (that is all the space my place will allow). I need help! My girlfriend wants to kill me because the only ones eating in the dining room are the Darts!

I am selling stuff on Ebay to come up with $, cashed in my change jar I have been accumulating for awhile (got $454.28!) and exploring all other avenues to get cash for frogs so I don't go into my savings! Help! I can't stop! Is there a Dart Frog Anonomous out there? Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Default Re: DFA meetings for Froggers? Dart Frogs Anonomous....

Hello Chris!

My name is Deb and I am an addict. It's been about 10 hours since my last dart frog purchase.

My short list of wants was down to two and one of them came up for sale. Unfortunately, I've already filled the rest of my list

If there's a cure, I'm not looking for it!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Default Re: DFA meetings for Froggers? Dart Frogs Anonomous....

I feel the same way, obviously all darts are great in their own way and one loves them all.
But...but I try to be conciderate of my partner as well.
If you had a spare room where you could turn into a frog room I'd say go for it, get 1000 if you want. But since they are all living in the dinning room where that is a room for everyone I feel bad for your partner a bit. I can only imagine the amount of ff's crawling around lol.

Maybe tone it down, because it seems you are very in love with them, but there will come a time where some of them will need medical attention and spare funds are required for moments like those. And what I always suggest to friends.

Keep this as a hobby and don't turn it into work or a chore, if it becomes a burden on you then it might make you hate the hobby as a whole when the hobby wasn't the cause.

Not trying to be negative, i'm not one to speak.
I guess what I'm saying is just take on as many as you can handle.
For everyone's sake.

Best of luck!