Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fishingguy12345

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 06:15 PM

Default New cage?

Hey all. I know it’s been awhile since my last post but I’ve got some questions.
My Pacman frog, red eyed tree frogs, and two new dart frogs are all doing great! 👍

The dart frogs are in there grow out/quarantine tank. I had a big cage set up for them. (They are to Tinctorius Azures) my plans with that tank didn’t fall through though. It looked kind of dirty. And was bound to get soggy fast.

My question to y’all was about this other tank I set up a few weeks ago. It’s looks really cool to me and it holds humidity great. Overall I like it. It’s only problem is that I believe it is too small. Unless people seem to think otherwise I wasn’t going to put them in this at least long term. The size is 12 by 12 by 18 eco terra. Again If you guys don’t think this is suitable for them I can totally get them something bigger, it’s not an emergency. Currently they are in a big storage box which they are thriving in.

I’ll leave the photo of the small tank below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCB935EF-23FF-40DA-82CB-6F235680C04F_1590171316770.jpg (15.3 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 06:22 PM

Default Re: New cage?

Correct. I think most people would say that a 12x12 footprint, regardless of the height is not enough for two Azrureus. Sounds like they are doing ok in the grow-out, though, so you have time to work on the bigger tank to make it better. You know more now than when you set it up the first time :-)

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusgieg View Post
Hey all. I know itís been awhile since my last post but Iíve got some questions.
My Pacman frog, red eyed tree frogs, and two new dart frogs are all doing great! 👍

The dart frogs are in there grow out/quarantine tank. I had a big cage set up for them. (They are to Tinctorius Azures) my plans with that tank didnít fall through though. It looked kind of dirty. And was bound to get soggy fast.

My question to yíall was about this other tank I set up a few weeks ago. Itís looks really cool to me and it holds humidity great. Overall I like it. Itís only problem is that I believe it is too small. Unless people seem to think otherwise I wasnít going to put them in this at least long term. The size is 12 by 12 by 18 eco terra. Again If you guys donít think this is suitable for them I can totally get them something bigger, itís not an emergency. Currently they are in a big storage box which they are thriving in.

Iíll leave the photo of the small tank below
Old 05-22-2020, 06:48 PM

That’s kind of what I thought too. I just wanted to get a second opinion before I went out and bought a whole setup. Now I think I’ll buy something with more width/depth.

I don’t have any future plans for the tank but if you guys have any ideas let me know

Old 05-22-2020, 07:36 PM

Default Re: New cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusgieg View Post
Thatís kind of what I thought too. I just wanted to get a second opinion before I went out and bought a whole setup. Now I think Iíll buy something with more width/depth.

I donít have any future plans for the tank but if you guys have any ideas let me know
Grow out tank :-).
I have grand designs for my frog room to eventually move my frogs out of 18x18x24" exo terras into 36x18x18"(or 24" high if I can find them) vivaria, and then move my Ranitomeya from their current 12x12x18"s into the 18x18x24" tanks and then only use the 12x12x18" tanks as grow out tanks.
Encyclia likes this.