Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 12:34 PM

Default santa isabel help

so I've had my frogs for 2 years and I've recently got them in a new enclosure (3 months ish and new tank mates 8 more santa isabels with them and I've got to ask when do they start calling I've been waiting for the day that they start I keep reading that there bold with mine are and that they call a lot yet mine never have not once maybe i just missed it if they did but never heard one call I've played them vids of frogs calling to see if it would encourage them they have plenty of room i feed them a good amount tank temps and humidity is what is recommended what could i be doing wrong any suggestions on what to try i thourght more tankmates and a bigger nicer tank would help but still not a peep i haven't seen anyone with this problem after a google pretty much the only thing i could find was about them calling not the lack of it !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Mod

Default Re: santa isabel help

Could you post a picture of your enclosure? What kind of temperatures are you maintaining, and what is your misting schedule? What are you feeding and supplementing with?
Old 05-18-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Could you post a picture of your enclosure? What kind of temperatures are you maintaining, and what is your misting schedule? What are you feeding and supplementing with?
here is the tank from my build log

https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/pa...l-scratch.html

but they did not call in their old tank they are misted 2 times a day enough to cover but not to soak they are fed a mix of fruit flys large and small bean weevils and isopods flys are dusted with calcium powder temp sits at 24-25 c
humidity sits around 85-90 %

Old 05-19-2019, 12:29 AM

My personal experience with anthonyi is that they also almost never made a sound! They were bold, always allot of eggs and tadpoles,... But never the "noise makers" i'd expected them to be...
Old 05-19-2019, 09:53 AM

well, I cannot even believe it as soon as I post this I notice one of my frogs vibrating I open the lid and IT WAS CALLING I just couldn't hear it in the tank with the lids shut it was a lot quieter then I expected it has made my year. what are the odds of that only took 2 years
Old 05-31-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumpydc View Post
well, I cannot even believe it as soon as I post this I notice one of my frogs vibrating I open the lid and IT WAS CALLING I just couldn't hear it in the tank with the lids shut it was a lot quieter then I expected it has made my year. what are the odds of that only took 2 years

In my experience, once they hit sexual maturity they call like CRAZY and are VERY loud. Out of all the dart frogs Iíve owned they were easily the loudest. If the glass is pretty thick it could muffle it. Also, Iíve noticed that mating behavior increases significantly if there is a pool of water in their enclosure, at least in my experience. However mine still called quite a bit regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk